It has been a long time since I have created a recipe, photographed it, edited the photos, typed the post and had it up the same day. It’s been at least two years, and it feels good to have accomplished that. It may partially be because I am nesting since we are possibly days away from the birth of my first child, my son Branson! I am anywhere from 1 day to a few days away from being a father to my child, pinch me. That is why I am practicing simple recipes, and this two ingredient pot roast in the instant pot is just that, simple and delicious.
Two Ingredient Pot Roast in the Instant Pot
Do you have an instant pot? You should! I used to swear that slow cookers were the best tools in the kitchen and could never be replaced. I even have an entire page on my website dedicated to slow cookers (which are still great). As much as I don’t like to admit it, I was wrong. I have slowly worked through my denial and am openly in love with my instant pot.
Up until owning my instant pot I had never cooked with a pressure cooker. Golly gosh, I was missing out on heaven. Not only flavor heaven but ease of use and dishes heaven. In fact, both the two ingredient pot roast and the chipotle lime spaghetti squash on top were both cooked in the instant pot.
Chipotle Lime Spaghetti Squash
The recipe below is for the two ingredient pot roast can be served with so many amazing sides or compliments. I decided to make some simple chipotle lime spaghetti squash and I want to make sure you can to. For that recipe, you also only need two ingredients.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Chipotle Lime Mayonnaise
Here is how I did it:
- I followed my Easy Spaghetti Squash post and cooked it in the Instant Pot.
- Once cooked, I scraped out the squash and then mixed it with a few tablespoons of the chipotle lime mayonnaise.
- I mixed it really well using just enough mayonnaise to lightly coat the squash and then twirled it on a fork and topped my two ingredient pot roast.
Combining this chipotle lime spaghetti squash with the two ingredient pot roast is a wonderful pairing. You can make all the spaghetti squash days in advance or cook both days in advance and just reheat when it’s time for dinner. The two ingredient pot roast also freezes perfectly for future meals.
Those ingredients are all you need. Two recipes, two ingredients each, combined to make one delicious meal with endless other possibilities. I am sure you can expect a lot more instant pot recipes from me while we are in full baby mode.
What is your favorite Instant Pot Meal to make? Leave me a comment below and pin this recipe to make later.
- Season all sides of your roast with salt and pepper (easy on the salt, pressure cookers enhance the salt flavor so you don't need that much)
- Add your cooking fat (I prefer bacon fat) to theinstant pot and hit the saute button and adjust so it's on high
- After about 2 minutes, add your roast and brown for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Remove your meat from the instant pot to your cutting board and hit cancel on the instant pot
- Cut your roast into 1-2 inch cubes and place them back in the instant pot
- Add your full jar of marinara sauce, place the lid on the pot ensuring it's locked and the pressure valve is closed
- Press the meat/stew button and adjust it to 40 minutes, now go do something fun
- Once your roast is finished cooking your instant pot will switch to warm, hit cancel to turn it off and allow the pressure to release naturally (about 15 minutes)
- Remove the lid and shred all of your beef inside the instant pot using two forks or my shredding hack
- You can serve as is or thicken like I prefer
- Leave the lid off your instant pot, cover with a splatter screen, and hit the saute button and adjust it to low
- Allow the sauce to reduce by at least a ¼ or to your liking. Ours was on saute for 15 minutes and was perfect
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.