So I have to apologize for not posting this sooner. I had every intention of it going up the other day, but Friday kinda turned me upside on my head with some tragic news and I needed a break from the stressors of my online Caveman Persona. I am trying to get back into the swing of things now and just move forward with a smile on my face. This upcoming week is going to be rough but I will truck through. The world and the United States Marine Corps just lost someone valuable way to early on Friday and I only wish that someone could have seen some signs of the impending decisions. Cpl Haskett was like a son to me for many years, so many late nights were spent mentoring and guiding him, countless hours on deployments, etc. It just hurts my heart that he thought his only option was the one he took. He will forever be in my heart. RIP Cpl Haskett 6-22-12.
No more sad talk, I am holding my head high and will remember him for the awesome guy he was. Which works perfectly with this awesome recipe. I have to tell you I was really hesitant when I decided to attempt this one, seemed way out of the box and I didn’t know how it would taste. To my delight it was delicious so here you go. Or maybe it is just the fact that I am an admitted blueberry addict so anything with them will get my vote. Who knows what I will try and put them in next. What are your favorite blueberry dishes?
- 1 Lb brussel sprouts, sliced thin
- 1 Small red onion, diced
- 1 Cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Tsp Fresh thyme, minced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter
- Preheat your sauté pan over medium heat
- Melt 1 Tbsp of your Grass Fed butter or other oil of your choice in your pan and start to sauté your onions, I like to slightly brown mine
- Once your onions are done to your liking, add all of your brussel sprouts, blueberries, the remaining grass fed butter, and season with salt and pepper to your liking
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes, stirring often or until the brussel sprouts are done to your liking
- Once they are done, sprinkle with your thyme and drizzle your lime juice all over
- Plate and Enjoy
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.