I get scorned a lot for not having salad recipes. Honestly it is because I rarely ever eat them. That used to be the case until I decided to get a little adventurous and started throwing all of my favorite foods in a bowl with spinach. That pretty much means I can make anything a salad. Hence why there is steak, bacon, goat cheese and lots of other goodies in this one. I am thinking about putting a note on all my recipes that states if you want to make a salad, just serve this over greens. Then I can say I have 289 salad recipes including brownie salads, cookie salads, cake salads. Okay that sounds gross, back to this delicious salad that you can modify anyway you like and put together in five minutes, especially if you have delicious leftovers relaxing in the fridge.
I chose to use an amazing grass-fed sirloin I picked up from Butcher Box and paired it with bacon I made myself. That is a winning combination in any book. There is so much winning I am actually going to go make this recipe again when I finish typing this post. Oh wait I forgot something, I know a few people are going to ask me how I make my own bacon. I use a mixture of recipes or I buy my bacon from Pete's Paleo.
I know you are going to be shocked, but I am actually having trouble finding words to fill up this post. I don't want to blame all the bacon I ate for putting me in a food coma, but it might actually be true. I will keep this a short read for you, I just have a question. What is your favorite homemade salad, dressing or combination of the two? Leave me a comment and let me know so I can step up my salad game.
Sirloin Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Yield 2 -4
- 6 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound grass-fed sirloin, cooked to your liking and sliced
- Place all of your spinach in the bottom of a large salad bowl
- Place your bacon in 1/6th of the bowl, then your goat cheese in 1/6th, then your almonds, cranberries, tomatoes and red onion
- Add your grass-fed sirloin or any meat of your choice to the middle of your salad
- Enjoy with the dressing of your choice or the one below
- Combine your balsamic vinegar, garlic, and salt and pepper in a food processor and continually run until everything is well combined
- Turn your processor on and let it run and slowly drizzle in your olive oil as your dressing emulsifies
- Once combined, serve on the side or your salad or drizzle your salad and toss
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***