Yep we can thank my Irish roots for this one. I have to be honest I had no idea how this was going to turn out and it is a mixture of about a gazzillion different recipes but I am happy with the results. Hope you enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F
- In a deep skillet or dutch oven heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil over high heat
- Add your ground turkey and break up with a wooden spoon and season with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning
- Put your sweet potatoes in a pot, cover with water, cover pot, bring to a boil and cook until done, depending on the size of your cubes but should be about 12 minutes
- You should still be stirring your ground turkey, now add in the onions and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes
- In a small saucepan on another burner over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp of your ghee and once melted whisk in your arrowroot powder. Whisk for about a minute and then add your chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper and let thicken for a few minutes
- Take your turkey off of the heat and drain all the excess oil out.
- Put your skillet or dutch oven back on the heat and stir in the gravy
- Next stir in your frozen peas and turn the heat off, let sit in pan for a couple minutes while you prepare the potatoes
- Drain the potatoes into a colander and leave them there while you return the pan to the heat and melt your remaining 2 tbsp of ghee
- Peel and slice your banana and throw it in the melted butter, now add your sweet potatoes on top and using a masher, mash them to the consistency of your liking
- Put your turkey mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish if you didn't use a dutch oven
- Now spread your mashed sweet potatoes evenly over the top of turkey mixture
- Set it in the oven and let it bake for 10 minutes
- Remove, serve, and enjoy as much as I did
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.