I am nothing but overly impressed with this amazing ham I got from US Wellness Meats. Knowing it was going to be amazing (because honestly they never deliver anything less than amazing) I had to come up with a recipe that was hopefully equally as awesome. I must say, when I was throwing this one together, I knew that apples roasted with a spice glaze would taste amazing, but I was a little nervous about the peaches. Turns out, I had nothing to fear because they were what I couldn’t get enough of. Best part was how fresh this fruit was from the farmers market picked the day before. I could just taste the freshness of it all. Not really, but I am going to say I could anyways. Pretty much just because it sounds cool. I would highly recommend you keep this recipe around and in your back pocket for any upcoming holiday, you will impress many. Actually no back pocket needed, you can just Pin it, since Pinterest is the new addiction. So make sure you follow me there too.
Now I just want to take a second to first say THANK YOU. Thank you to each and every one of my 11 readers (I know, wishful thinking, haha) Just kidding for all of the awesome support you always give me. I really do my best day in and day out to share as much as I can with you to try and make your Paleo journey, or just food choices in general, more enjoyable. I just ask that you help me in return, pretty please. I run this site for free and always will, but what will help me is you sharing my recipes or posts on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc. Spreading the love helps me with the 1-2 TShirt sales I get a month, or the 1-2 MUCH APPRECIATED donations I get a month. The 5 seconds it takes for you to share this for me, brings me one step closer to the one day I will be doing this as my only job. Helping people with food, fitness, and inspiration is what I am after and I am working on getting there. So thank you for everything. Everything you do is makes my heart melt: the comments, the emails etc. Can’t wait to continue this journey with all of you.
Honey Baked Ham with Spiced Apples and Peaches
Yield 4 -6
- 3 pound white sugar-free ham from US Wellness Meats
- 2 large apples of your choice
- 2 yellow peaches
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
- Rinse the ham under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel and place in the middle of your roasting pan.
- Mix the honey, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and all spice in a bowl
- In a separate small bowl, mix in mustard powder and water until well combined.
- Add mustard water to your honey and spices and mix well.
- Using a basting brush, baste your ham with your glaze.
- Now core your apples and take the pit out of your peaches and chop in large slices. I had 8 slices per apple and 8 slices per peach.
- Spread your fruit all around your ham in the roasting pan, and then baste the fruit with your glaze and then baste your ham once more
- Place your ham in the oven and bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 150 Degrees Fahrenheit. Every 20-30 minutes add more glaze to your ham until completion.
- Once your ham reaches 150, remove from the oven and tent with aluminum foil for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with your spiced fruit.
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***