Well it's been quite a while since I have typed one of these posts. I actually had to go back through old posts to remember how to type this spaghetti squash fritters recipe. I definitely miss blogging, specifically reading everyone's comments when they make a new recipe. I have a feeling that you will be seeing regular posts from me again on this site and Snapchat. Make sure you follow me on Snapchat by searching CookingCaveman or CivilizedCaveman. You can also add me by saving this image and uploading to SnapChat.
Spaghetti Squash Fritters
I made this recipe because I had already cooked a bunch of spaghetti squash and I just couldn't stomach eating it by itself for another meal. Sometimes I wish I could eat the same thing over and over but my taste buds don't agree with that theory. I saw the spaghetti squash sitting in the refrigerator next to some delicious bacon and raw cheddar cheese from organic pastures dairy.
So of course my next logical thought was savory pancakes for dinner which are also known as bacon spaghetti squash fritters now. I wanted to keep this recipe as simple as possible while packing in tremendous flavor. I tested this recipe while Snapchatting the whole thing and I was pumped it worked the first time. I don't know when I will make them again, but I love the amount of flavor possibilities you can have with these. Leave me a comment below when you get adventurous and try some different flavors.
Before I forget, I also included my recipe for perfect cooked whole spaghetti squash every time. To be honest, it is dangerous to cut most squashes while they are raw so the recipe below is safe and simple. Poke some holes, throw it in the oven and then you are done with a lot of spaghetti squash prepared for various recipes.
Speaking of spaghetti squash recipes, I have included a few of my favorites below. They are in season right now so stock up and start cooking. I look forward to seeing your creations on Instagram and Snapchat.
Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Chicken Cacciatore
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Spaghetti Squash
The recipe required 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash. The steps below include cooking your spaghetti squash which can be done a few days in advance. Before using your spaghetti squash ensure you remove as much moisture as possible.
Perfect Cooked Whole Spaghetti Squash
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prick the squash all over with the tines of a fork
- Place on an aluminum lined baking sheet, and put the squash on its side in the preheated oven Bake for about 1 hour, or until soft to the touch. Turn once mid-baking
- Remove from the oven, let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing
- Slice it horizontally, and scoop out the seeds and pulp
- Separate strands with a fork
- Serve immediately or store in your refrigerator until you use it (can be stored for 5 days)