I have a history of being slightly obsessed with pumpkin. Not just during the holidays, but year round. I try to keep it managed so people don’t start to suspect my addiction to everything pumpkin or pumpkin pie. This Pumpkin Custard smoothie was made out of a need for a simple and affordable smoothie to tantalize some taste buds. It is not like any other pumpkin pie smoothie I have made before and can be best described as custardy in the best way possible. People (including myself) go out and spend $6-10 a smoothie some days and it’s such a waste of money. You can make 10 at home for the same price which is what this one is for. We all love saving money and having more to spend on bacon.
This smoothie is also a perfect base to launch into any other crazy flavors you can think of. I have been thinking about adding some dates and cocoa powder and maybe even spiking it with some “paleo” alcohol. What is your favorite smoothie flavor that you would pair with pumpkin? I want to try some things out of my own creativity zone so let me have it. Oh I just realized we can blend this with some cold brew coffee for a nice pick me up. So many possibilities.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- dash of cinnamon to garnish
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all of the above ingredients except the cinnamon in order into your blendtec, food processor, or any other blender that can make smoothies
- Run until your smoothie is of a smooth consistency
- Transfer to your serving glass and sprinkle with cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.