Peach Cobbler is one of those desserts that have been passed down through the generations. It’s easy to see why it has withstood the test of time. Every time a spoonful of warm peaches with a toasty crunch hits your taste buds it immediately takes you to a calm, peaceful and happy belly state. I had to make sure that being Paleo didn’t mean we couldn’t live without this world famous dessert. Now I present you with my Paleo Peach Cobble with fresh blueberries.
Paleo Peach Cobbler with Blueberries
Just in case peaches aren’t in season where you are, or you don’t like peeling them, you can use nectarines instead. Actually, you could really go crazy with any fruit you absolutely love and make it work. When doing so, leave me a comment with ideas so I can try them in our kitchen.
If you choose to make this delicious healthy dessert recipe with frozen peaches, make sure they are fully thawed before you make this recipe. If you leave them at room temperature, it will take between 3-5 hours so plan accordingly. When possible, always use fresh and from a local farmer if possible. I got these peaches from our farmer’s market and they tasted phenomenal.
My favorite way to eat this cobbler is directly from the warm cast iron skillet after removing from the oven with one addition, ice cream. I like to take a large scoop of coconut milk ice cream and place it right in the middle of the warm skillet so it melts in every fruity crevice.
Paleo peach cobbler with melted coconut milk ice cream, could life get anymore delicious. I think I am going to experiment with adding chocolate to the cobbler too. Because, well chocolate, that’s why.
I would love to spend more time with you today, but I would prefer you get to cooking. While you are shopping for peaches, make sure you stock up on extras because I have a few more simple recipes for you to try:
Do you have any family favorite recipes with peaches I should try? If so, please leave me a comment with the recipe or a link so we can check it out. Until then, enjoy this paleo peach cobbler with fresh blueberries and lots of smiles.
- 3 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup berries (I used blueberries)
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes/chips
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup cold butter, diced in small chunks (can use coconut oil, palm shortening, etc)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 Celsius)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl or stand mixer, whisk together the pecans, slivered almonds, coconut flakes, cassava flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour, cinnamon, ground cloves and salt
- Add the small chunks of butter and mix to distribute throughout your dry ingredients
- Line the bottom of a seasoned 12 inch cast iron skillet with your sliced peaches and then sprinkle blueberries throughout
- Evenly sprinkle the crumble on top
- Bake your paleo peach cobbler for 45 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling
- Remove from the oven and serve warm
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.