So I have to apologize because I had every intention of posting this three days ago but life got in the way. Nothing bad but just extremely busy trying to balance all my new life roads. I just want to make sure I find balance and travel down the road where I can help the most people. Whether it be free recipes, cooking videos, cooking classes, etc I just want to help spread the good food word. I don’t know if cooking classes are going to end up being the best route since I haven’t shaved or cut my hair since I got out of the Marine Corps two weeks ago. Curious to see, you can follow my #operationcaveman journey on Instagram HERE. Make sure you follow me as I post teasers of recipes I am working on as well.
So I have a confession to make, I have never eaten Nutella so as far as the accuracy of this recipe, I am trusting my taste testers (friends who just want free food). It may be spot on or it may be miles away but I do know it tastes delicious either way. So far, my favorite thing to do with it is to take my Paleo Banana Bread and slather it with warm not-ella or taking that same recipe and making not-ella stuffed banana bread muffins. Make sure you leave me a comment letting me know your favorite way to use this recipe. I look forward to your responses.
Paleo Not-ella (Chocolate Hazelnut Butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Roast your hazelnuts on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes
- If they still have the skins on, wrap them in a damp towel and remove the skins. You don't need to remove all of them
- Add your hazelnuts to your Blendtec twister jar or your food processor
- Process until smooth and creamy
- Add your coconut milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa butter and salt and process until you have a nice smooth butter
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator
- I like to serve this warm spread over my Paleo Banana Bread
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****