With the amount of times that I make this paleo banana bread, it is no secret as to how it’s the most popular recipe on my website… EVER!!! Knowing this is quite humbling; and I just love that it gives people a delicious and HEALTHY option. This recipe has been turned into quite a few different dishes and I love hearing all of your variations. Comment below and let me know how you’ve spiced it up!
Paleo Banana Bread
Like I mentioned, I’ve made a few variations of this recipe already… just a few! Here are my favorites:
- Mother’s Day Banana Bread in Mason Jars
- Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- Paleo French Toast
- You can make it into muffins
- You can use this batter for Pancakes
- You can also use it for waffles, freeze them and have home-made freezer waffles
Now it’s confession time… this recipe was a delicious mistake. I was perfecting a paleo pancake recipe that is now in The Paleo Kitchen (page 95) and asked myself; “Why not Banana bread?”. Every recipe I have seen for Paleo Banana Bread has been loaded with nut flours and only one banana at that!
Newsflash, it is called banana bread for a reason; so I wanted to make it about bananas. And there was no better way then to throw four of them in here. So with that, I give you what I am naming my Paleo Banana Bread. Oh yea… the bananas don’t even need to be overly ripe!
You can have this recipe from ingredients to batter and in the oven in 5 minutes, or less. I timed it :) When you are finished baking, slather this in some grass-fed butter and drizzle with raw honey. Maybe add some cinnamon, some chocolate chips, some candied walnuts… the options are endless!
Just typing this post makes my mouth water again. Time to get creative with some more flavor combinations to keep this recipe evolving perfectly. Hey, maybe I can even put together a free e-book on all the different ways you can enjoy this banana bread. Leave me a comment if that is something you would like to see, I will see what I can do. Go get your banana bread going now!!! And as always, enjoy!
Paleo Banana Bread Recipe Video
Paleo Banana Bread
- 4 bananas, (2 1/2 cups mashed or 575 grams)(they can be yellow bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (140 grams)(or coconut, sunflower seed, macadamia nut, etc butter)
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (75 grams)(or almond flour, macadamia nut meal, etc)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Combine your bananas, eggs, and nut butter, and grass-fed butter in a blendtec, blender, food processor, or mixing bowl and mix well (if using a mixing bowl you need a good hand-mixer)
- Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well
- Pour your batter in a silicon pan and spread it evenly (you can use a loaf pan as well, just grease it well)
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack
- Slice and serve
- Cranberry Orange - Only use 3 tablespoons of butter. Add zest of one whole orange diced, juice of one whole orange, and1 cup dried cranberries or fresh if you want
- Chocolate Blueberry - Add 1 cup of fresh blueberries and 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- Pumpkin Pecan - Reduce the almond butter to 1/4 cup and add 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and 1 cup of roughly chopped pecan pieces
If you want to make these into muffins, use the same recipe and for mini muffins bake approximately 25 mins and normal size muffins 30-35 minutes.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****