My awesome farmer gave me some amazing fresh bacon she smoked yesterday, it was the BEST bacon I have ever had. I decided there was no better way to enjoy it then to take breakfast and throw it in some ice cream, who would complain about ice cream for breakfast. That lead to this delicious Maple Bacon Ice Cream. Before I made this one, I left my can of coconut milk in the fridge over night and the ice cream was done in under 10 minutes, it really helped the Ice Cream maker work. I hope you enjoy :)
- Lay your 3 slices of bacon on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and place in the cold oven
- Turn your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and start the cooking process
- Let your bacon cook until it is crispy and you can cut into your own home made bacon bits, mine took about 35 minutes
- Once your bacon is done, place your coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender and mix well
- Take your frozen ice cream maker bowl out and place on your cuisinart ice cream maker and start it, pour your ingredients through the top and let the magic happen
- Chop your bacon into tiny bacon bit size pieces
- About 5 minutes in when your ice cream starts to solidify, add all your bacon bits and let the magic keep happening.
- Once your ice cream is done, transfer to another bowl and let it set in the freezer to your liking
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.