It’s Lemon Pound Cake time.
I have to say, the best thing I have ever done was host this Kitchen Aid giveaway (which you still have time to enter) because the recipe submissions that I am getting are nothing short of amazing. I have not been able to use some of them as they are not Paleo and can not be modified but others are spot on. One of those that is spot on, would be this AMAZING cake. I got a little distracted while I was making my glaze and ended up with a chewy lemon honey vanilla caramel but it was a beautiful contrast. I am still cooking my way through all of the recipe submissions and I can say I am enjoying this giveaway more than any other I have ever done. My belly is particularly happy even though my six pack disappeared. Oh well.I am not going to talk any longer to delay the possibility of you eating this cake. I just ask, that once you make it please come leave a review and a comment so others no how amazing it is and feel encouraged to try. As most of you know, as of next week I will be an official civilian and no longer an active duty United States Marine. With that being said, this website has become my full time job. Every person that visits, shares, and spreads the word greatly helps me out to continue to do this. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you for constantly supporting me and enjoying all these creations. One day, I want to rent a state and throw a massive Civilized Caveman Party haha. Anyone know how to make that happen, it would be like a food woodstock :)
Lemon Pound Cake
Lemon Pound Cake
- 2 cups almond flour (185 grams)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (63 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda (3 grams)
- 2/3 cup raw honey, melted
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons pure lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- freshly squeezed lemon juice from 2 lemons
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
Lemon Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 9x9 baking pan by coating the interior lightly with coconut
- Cut parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan and place it
- over the coconut oil.
- Sift dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir with a whisk to
- Place oil and honey in the bowl of a food processor and process for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add coconut milk, lemon extract, and lemon zest, and continue to process until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients and thoroughly combine using a wooden spoon until smooth
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test
- Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes
- Remove cake from pan and let cool completely
- While cake is in the oven, cut vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the beans into a small saucepan.
- Add the vanilla bean pod, lemon juice, zest, and honey to the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature. Remove pod and discard.
- Using a fork, poke several holes in the top of the cake
- Pour glaze over the cake, using a spatula to evenly distribute over the entire cake. Let the cake rest for an hour to fully absorb the glaze.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****