The holidays are my favorite time of the year. Mainly because I use it as my excuse to eat an abundant amount of desserts and feel completely ok with wearing sweat pants since my jeans won’t fit. As you have heard me mention a few times before, I can’t stand doing dishes so I set out to make easy christmas desserts. Easy on your stress levels, easy on your dish load, maybe not so easy on your waistline.
All of these christmas dessert recipes are intended to be fun, simple and compliment each other. You can make all of them at the same time and use the same ingredients. My goal is always to reduce dishes and time, this combination of easy christmas desserts does just that.
Easy Christmas Desserts
- Almond Butter Cups with Jam
- Chocolate Strawberry Cups
- Brownies with a Santa Hat
- Strawberry Santa Claus
We used strawberry vanilla bean jam in the almond butter cups and the flavor combination is out of this world. If you use a different flavor, please leave us a comment letting us know what to try next.
The chocolate strawberry cups are a perfect vessel for any flavors you want to deliver. You can add flavored extracts to the coconut milk whipped cream or even fill with homemade nut butters instead.
Not much more needs to be said about the Santa Hat brownies. They are just so stinking adorable and you should make them for that reason alone. Chocolate + Adorable = WINNING.
The strawberry Santa Claus was an attempt at remaking a Pinterest picture. Honestly, I was getting ready to Instagram one of those infamous “nailed it” meme’s until I realized how easy and fun this one was to make. Great to do with your kids as well.
Well I know it is Christmas Eve, even though when I started writing this it was the 23rd. Whoops. These easy christmas desserts are perfect for any last minute snacks so you don’t have to attempt to deal with the unruly mobs in grocery stores. Of course that is me hoping you have everything you need in your house. One final note, I have been asked a few times on adding Pinterest links to my images. They are already there, if you scroll your mouse over the image, a button should pop up in the top left. There are also Pinterest buttons on the top and bottom of each post. Hope that helps and Merry Christmas.
- Place your chocolate in a double boiler over low heat and stir until melted keeping the temperature low
- Once your chocolate is prepared, line a baking sheet with silicone muffin liners
- Spoon chocolate in each muffin liner to fill the bottom
- Using a brush, paint chocolate around the sides and bottom of the muffin liner so there is a layer of chocolate covering all the bottoms
- Place in the refrigerator and let set for 30 minutes
- Place small spoonfuls of half almond butter and half jam in the mold, ensure you don't overfill so the chocolate you pour over can bond with the cold chocolate
- Using your remaining melted chocolate, fill the cups until the filling is covered
- Place back in the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes to let set
- Remove from the refrigerator and pop the chocolates out of the silicone liners
- Store in the refrigerator in a ziploc bag or airtight container
- Place your chocolate in a double boiler over low heat and stir until all chocolate is melted
- Cut a small slice off the bottom of your strawberries so they can stand on the point
- Dip each strawberry in the chocolate and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Place your strawberries in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set
- Open your can of coconut milk, drain the liquid, and place your chilled coconut cream in the bowl of a stand mixer or a mixing bowl
- Whip the cream in your stand mixer or with a hand mixer until fluffy
- Scoop some whipped cream in each strawberry, top with the ends you cut off and sprinkle with some coconut sugar
- Make or buy the brownie recipe of your choice
- Carefully cut each brownie into a circle
- Place a ½ inch layer of your coconut milk whipped cream on top of the brownie and top with one of your strawberries
- Place a small dash of coconut milk whipped cream on top of the strawberry to look like Santa's hat
- Repeat for all brownies and strawberries
- Cut off the top ⅓ of your strawberries
- Place coconut cream on all your strawberries and then place the tops you cut off back on to look like hats
- Place small chunks of your chocolate chips in each strawberry to look like eyes
- Place small dollops of coconut whipped cream on the front of each strawberry to look like the buttons on santa's jacket
- Plate and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.