I’m so excited to share another one of my favorite recipes from my brand new book The Paleo Kitchen (I allow you to go buy it now and then read the rest of this). I am actually getting teary eyed writing this post. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever know how to cook, never mind publish an amazing cookbook. I can honestly say I poured every ounce of work, love, passion, sweat and any other mechanisms you can think of into this book. Every page that gets turned has a story and a memory for us. Now, we get to share that with you. I am thinking of buying a baby carrier to always have my first ever book with me. Would you laugh at me? I hope you would because I am going to do it anyways and we can laugh together.
This banana bread recipe is just one of over 120 brand new recipes in the book and we picked it to share, well honestly because it makes us want to eat the screen. I am hoping that it carries the same effect with you, so you get to have the euphoric taste bud experience we are intending on. The book is over 340 pages and has everything you need to know from shopping lists, to tips of making cooking easier and even tear out guides to hang on your fridge and keep you on track. There may be some pictures of me shoving cookies in my face on the pages too, so have a nice laugh. Don’t forget to get the book here and start cooking. Oh I suppose I can show you the cover too, here you go:
Speaking of laughs, I figured I would share one more. I was feeling really free and powerful so I stepped out of my comfort zone and recorded myself singing Let it Go. Life is too short to not savor every moment and play big. If you’re scared to sing SING!!! If you’re scared to dance – DANCE!!! If you’re scared to love, open up your heart and pour love into the world. You get to be a difference every day. Here is your best laugh of the day, and when you are done don’t forget to grab our book!!!!
Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread - The Paleo Kitchen
Yield 1 loaf
For the pan
- coconut oil, to grease the pan
For the banana bread:
- 4 medium bananas (about 1 pound)
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted grass-fed butter, melted
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine-grain sea salt
For the swirl:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch metal loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix until the ingredients are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, mix together the swirl ingredients. Heat, stirring often, until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. As soon as you pour the batter, pour the chocolate swirl directly on top and use a knife to swirl the chocolate throughout the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before serving.
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***