There was originally no intention of posting this AMAZING Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffin topped with a Honey Frosting and crushed pecans. But after I accidentally leaked the photo on Facebook with my lack of experience on Instagram, I realized it was time to get my butt in gear typing. With that, I present you with this delicious recipe. You can skip to the bottom if you like, but I know most of you come for my witty humor and horrible grammar so I am going to fill you in on some important life events that have taken place lately. I will tell you about those after the picture, just so you can drool slightly.
Ok so there is some HUGE news in the world of George, and I have some awesome friends to thank for kicking me in the ass to do it. I have already served a very long and hard 10+ years of active duty service in the United States Marine Corps. I am happy to say that I feel as though I have served my time, but there are bigger and better things for me out there. I still have a little over 18 months left but after that I am leaving the one thing I have had consistently since I was 17. I am going to give up my place of comfort and guarantee, for a world of unknowns where I can hopefully work to help make this world a better place.
I was just kidding. There totally isn’t another paragraph. Just one more sentence telling you that I hope you enjoy these, and if you like them please come back and rate them and leave me a comment.
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins – Honey Frosting
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- small pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 fahrenheit and adjust rack to middle position
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners
- Whisk eggs, honey, vanilla, butter, and applesauce in a large mixing bowl or use a stand mixer
- Sift coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt over a medium bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until well blended
- Fold in chocolate chips ensuring an even distribution throughout your batter
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool
- Once cool you can head below and make the frosting to go with them
- Combine palm shortening, coconut milk, and honey in a stand mixer or mixing bowl and beat on low for 20 seconds
- Scrape down the sides of your bowl and then beat on high for approximately 60 seconds until your frosting thickens
- By hand, fold in your cinnamon and other optional ingredients ensuring an even distribution
- Once your muffins have cooled, frost them to your liking
*You can not let Coconut flour sit long, as soon as you mix this batter, ensure you put it right into the oven *If you want chocolate muffins, you can add between 1/4 – 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to your taste liking *You can store these in an airtight container for 3 days *You can substitute the butter with Coconut Oil but I haven’t tested it and 8 tablespoons would probably be too oily. If you do test it, start with half and please let me know how it worked.
***Recipe adapted from Deliciously Organic‘s guest post on my site for Raspberry Almond Muffins. Carrie is a genius in the kitchen as well as an accomplished cookbook author. When you get a chance, head over to her site and try any of her amazing dishes***