Paleo breakfasts are the most requested recipes we get. I will say you might not want to eat these blueberry chocolate chip scones for breakfast every day but occasionally is great. Not to mention, you can easily swap out the fruits or ingredients to make as many fancy flavors as you want. Pumpkin orange, cranberry walnut, chocolate chocolate chip are just a few ideas that graced my brain to share with you.
Blueberry Chocolate Chip Scones
My favorite way to eat Blueberry Chocolate Chips Scones are when they are still warm from the oven and covered with grass-fed butter or homemade whipped cream. However, sometimes I change up the recipe and create entire new scone flavors that are equally as delicious. For these variations, the entire recipe stays the same except for omitting the dried blueberries and/or chocolate chips.
- Coconut Scones – omit the blueberries and chocolate for a basic but delicious scone.
- Fresh Blueberry Scones – omit the chocolate chips and add 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- Chocolate Scones – omit the dried blueberries and add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, depending how chocolatey you want your scones.
- Strawberry and Chocolate Scones – replace the dried blueberries with fresh or dried strawberries that are chopped into smaller pieces. You can omit the chocolate and add 1 cup of fresh or dried strawberries for Strawberry Scones.
- Cherry and Chocolate Scones – replace the dried blueberries with fresh or dried cherries. You can omit the chocolate and add 1 cup of fresh or dried cherries for Cherry Scones.
- Raisin and Chocolate Scones – replace dried blueberries with an equal amount of raisins.
- Blueberry and Lemon Scones – omit the chocolate and add the zest of 1 to 2 Meyer lemons, depending how much of a lemon taste you prefer.
- Pineapple and Coconut Scones – omit chocolate and add 1 cup of fresh or dried pineapple that are chopped into smaller pieces.
Of course, there are endless fresh and dried fruit and even nut combinations, but these are the ones that I have tried and loved. If you don’t feel life experimenting, you can make one of my other delicious scones recipes.
Whether you create your own flavor combination or make my recipe for Blueberry Chocolate Chip Scones, I know you’ll enjoy every delicious bite!
Please comment below and tell me what scone flavor is your favorite.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, sea salt, baking soda, blueberries, chocolate chips, and coconut
- In a smaller bowl, mix the egg and pure maple syrup until well blended
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well
- Knead the dough with your hands if necessary to ensure an even distribution of ingredients
- Form dough into 2 circles approximately ½ inch thick
- Cut each circle like a pizza into 6 or 8 slices depending on the size you want your scones
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.