They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I can agree to that, but you know what’s more important than breakfast? Chocolate. Yea I said it! You can put chocolate on literally anything and it would taste great! Chocolate covered fruits, nuts, bacon, you name it, it’s 25% better with chocolate (getting hungry yet?)
Disclosure – Enjoy Life Foods compensated us for making this video but all opinions are our own!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes – With Strawberries On Top!
Ok, back to the breakfast part. So my wife Josy asked me if I could make us some Chocolate Stuffed Pancakes. Now some of you may not be familiar with the Cooking Show my wife and I do called “Bryan Cooks”. My wife is the chef in our home and as of late, she has been asking me to help around the kitchen to prepare food for us. The videos are the antics and result of my cooking.
So I thought to myself “How hard can it be?” The results? Well, you will just have to take a look at the video below to find out. Spoiler Alert: If I can do it, ANYONE can!
Thankfully, my friends at Enjoy Life Foods supplied me with some delicious chocolate to play with and bring you this recipe. And luckily for you, because Enjoy Life knows about this video, they are having a week long bulk chocolate sale from June 5th-June 12th, 2017 so grab some yummy chocolate and give this recipe a try!
AND, they are giving you 15% off using the code CAVEMAN15 for the whole month of June 2017. Use this link to shop and use that code for the discount.
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 2 large eggs
- !Chocolate disk
- 1 cup enjoy life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- !Chocolate covered strawberries
- 1 cup enjoy life dark chocolate chips
- In medium bowl, stir all pancake ingredients until blended
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray or use ¼ tsp coconut oil. For each pancake, pour scant ¼ cup batter onto skillet. Add chocolate disk to center of batter; cover with a small amount of batter. Cook until edge is dry and bubbles form on top of pancake. Turn; cook until golden brown.
- Melt 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips until smooth.
- On a piece of parchment paper drop 1 tbsp dollops of chocolate and swirl until a small circular disk forms. Freeze until firm
- Melt 1 cup dark chocolate
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from the heat.
- Line a plate with parchment or waxed paper.
- Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
- Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.