Ah breakfast, the meal that seems to be defined by eggs and pancakes and one we always seem to skip. I am guilty as charged for skipping breakfast or keeping it defined to the few basics. One of my most valuable lesson since starting to eat Paleo, is knowing that I can have anything I want for breakfast and it’s ok. Today though, I choose these perfect paleo pancakes.
Who else thought that once you transitioned to a Paleo lifestyle, your lifetime favorite comfort food of pancakes was out the window? Have no fear, paleo pancakes are here.
The pancake has quite an illustrious history. Given this is a Paleo recipes/health website, you can make the assumption that I obviously do not stand behind traditional, gluten full junk pancakes. Instead, I create recipes that are easier to make and taste better like these paleo pancakes.
I have also made quite a few other recipes for paleo pancakes, and by far the most famous and popular one is the one on page 95 of The Paleo Kitchen. Want to see? I am going to show you anyways. Look at these amazing pancakes:
That was hands down my favorite recipe to ever photograph. Primarily because I made two batches and once I was done shooting, I ATE THEM ALL!!! Here are a few other of my favorite recipes for paleo pancakes.
Paleo Pancake Recipes
- Blueberry Pancakes from The Paleo Kitchen (I use chocolate chips)
- Paleo Pancakes with Almond Butter & Blackberry Sauce
- Coconut Pancakes with Raspberry Reduction
- Pumpkin Pancakes
What is your favorite flavor of Pancakes. Leave me a comment below and I will see if I can create a new recipe with that flavor?
I hope you love these paleo pancakes and get creative in the kitchen. I even heard someone use these as the buns for an ice cream sandwich. I may need to try that.
Perfect Paleo Pancakes
- Preheat a skillet to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Combine all of your ingredients in your blendtec, blender, or food processor and mix well until you have a batter
- Grease your skillet with coconut oil and pour your batter making 3-4 inch pancakes
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side and then flip for 2-3 minutes
- Serve topped with some grass-fed butter or topping of your choice
These are the closest thing I have ever come to pancakes and they are delicious. They are easy to flip as long as you keep them reasonable size, around 6 inches across.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****