One of the most common requests I get is for new breakfast recipes. Albeit, most of the people ask for egg free, and since I love eggs I am going to try to post more of both. It starts with these easy egg nests that are always a huge hit.
Easy Egg Nests
I know some of you are kicking butt on this Whole 30 with me, and this will add another recipe to your arsenal that requires minimal work and minimal dishes. Woot woot.
I normally make these with crumbled goat cheese from trader joe's or Kerrygold grassfed cheddar cheese. Given I am kicking butt on this new year eating right thing, I decided to make them with shredded coconut instead. This way they are dairy-free, nut-free, and SCD.
Speaking of allergens, I am going to start tagging every recipe on the website with dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and SCD to allow you to search for specific recipes within those parameters. Is there any other tags you would like me to include?
Sticking to your Goals
Over the years, I have made multiple resolutions to start the New Year, and always failed. That failure always led to one thing, the perpetual downward spiral of shame and guilt. Not to mention, my brain is always my worst enemy fighting every good decision I want to make telling me I am not good enough and it doesn't matter.
Well, it does matter and we are all good enough.
I realized that I was focusing my resolutions and goals on society's twisted standards, and never on what was most important. My health and well-being. That is the key to success on any diet, lifestyle change, or goal in general. Your goals have to be congruent with your passions and beliefs in order to win.
So this New Year, my goal is to ensure longevity of my life by living in a manner that focuses on my body and mind thriving. Here's how:
- Eat foods that make me feel good and avoid foods that don't. That started this year with a Whole 30 and using my new Whole 30 Meal Plans.
- Moving more. It doesn't have to look one way. This includes walking as a family to school, running in the backyard with our pitbull, and taking the stairs instead of escalators. Of course I might Cross Fit or run, but as long as I am moving I am winning.
- Playing more. Yep that's right, playing can benefit every one. Not Facebook playing, I am talking about getting outside and doing fun physical activities and being a human being.
- Sleeping more. I know this one is talked about all the time, but I believe it is single handled the most important ingredient of a healthy lifestyle.
- Meditating more. Taking time every day to focus inward and get really clear on my intentions for my day grounds and motivates me to go create results.
Leave a comment with one goal you have this year that you will implement ALL year.
Alright, enough talking. Go make these delicious easy egg nests and enjoy your breakfast.
Easy Egg Nests - Civilized Caveman Cooking
- Preheat the oven to 450°F with a rack in the middle
- Line a roasting pan, or baking sheet that can take high temperatures without warping, with parchment paper or Silpat
- Separate whites and yolks, placing yolks in individual small mixing bowls
- In a clean bowl beat egg whites and salt on low until they start to form and then increase speed until peaks are stiff
- Fold in the shredded coconut (or cheese) gently mixing by hand
- Shape the egg whites into egg nests on your lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle with any seasonings you would like
- Place the egg nests in the oven for 3 minutes, pull them out and then add a yolk into the center of each egg nest
- Place back in the oven and bake for 3-5 more minutes or until the yolk is cooked to your liking
- Serve and enjoy
Make sure your bowl is clean, any oil or residue in your bowl will stop your egg whites from forming like you need
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****