Apples and pancakes are two of my favorite things, and this pancake recipe brings them together beautifully. They are light and fluffy and are also a great way to fill your belly and get you until lunchtime – or later. Or, you could do what I do and serve them with a side of bacon. It just doesn’t get any better than pancakes and bacon, which is a combo I love for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Match Made In Heaven – Apples and Pancakes
These pancakes bake up fast and simple. Everyone loves to practice their pancake flipping technique, but if you’re in a hurry or have your kids helping with breakfast, these are a great way to have pancakes without the mess and potential pancake flipping disasters. With a little bit of maple syrup and a hint of vanilla, these pancakes are just sweet enough without being too sweet. Also, the maple syrup really brings out the flavors of the apple. With the slices added just before the pancake finishes baking, these are almost too pretty to eat, and taste even better.
These oven-baked apple pancakes work all year long, but they’re especially tasty during apple season – late summer through the fall. You may even want to take a trip to your favorite apple orchard to pick the apples for these pancakes and then make them as soon as you get home. You’re only limited by your imagination – I could tell you which apples “bake best”, but these pancakes are perfection when they’ve got all the flavors of your favorite apple variety. Try a few different types of apples and you’ll get a completely different pancake every time.
A Pancake Goes With Anything
Pancakes can definitely be the starring role of your breakfast table, but I’m all about balance when it comes to an optimal and sustainable way of eating. If you choose to eat this pancake by itself, make sure to have some veggies and proteins in your other meals to make sure you body still gets what it deserves for you to function at your best. I like these with some eggs and sweet potatoes.
Try these out and share them with your friends and family for a unique and easy twist on traditional pancakes. Come back and let me know what you think of them. Just leave a comment and let me know how much you love them, what apples you used, and what you served them with. Bacon works well of course, and these would also shine beside some sweet potato hash or scrambled eggs. Have fun, and enjoy your breakfast :)
Apple Cinnamon Oven Pancake
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups coconut milk (Can also use almond milk, will next time)
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp 100% Pure maple syrup
- 2 apples of your choice, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 4 Tbsp oil of your choice (Grapeseed, sesame, almond, walnut) I used half and half of grapeseed and sesame
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a blender combine eggs, coconut milk, coconut flour, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, and maple syrup
- Blend until smooth
- Place oil in 9×13 inch baking dish
- Place in preheated oven for 3 minutes
- Remove from oven and add apples to dish and place back in oven, leave in there for 3-4 minutes but don’t let the apples brown
- Remove from oven, remix your batter to make sure it hasn’t settled, then pour batter over apples in the baking dish and place back in oven
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done
- Remove from oven and I would serve it with a drizzle of maple syrup and some sprinkling of cinnamon