For beef kabobs, I always choose to use sirloin. It is already shaped perfectly to be cut into kabobs and is loaded with flavor. Of course you don’t have to use beef. You can always make chicken, lamb or maybe even bacon kabobs. My favorite thing about beef kabobs is that I can use any vegetables I want depending on how I am feeling. I have been known to make beef kabobs with nothing but beef and onions because I love a perfectly grilled piece of onion.
Easy Beef Kabobs
Sometimes recipes are just so simple that they don’t need much introduction or work. These easy beef kabobs are one of those recipes. You are only limited by your imagination and the possibilities are endless. Here are a few tips that can make your grilling experience a little better.
- If you are using wooden skewers, especially round ones, try using 2 sticks per kebab. This will add stability to the kebabs and make it easier to turn them while grilling.
- If you are cooking other food dishes that require different lengths of time to cook properly, try skewing all the protein on 1 skewer and the vegetable on the other. This way your tomatoes can be cooked in 3 minutes and your steak in 10 minutes without overcooking or undercooking your food.
Top Sirloin Kabobs
- 2 grass fed top sirloins (or steak of your choice, chunked)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, color of your choice
- 16 oz of cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- If using wood skewers, soak for 20 minutes in water prior to cooking.
- Preheat your grill for a medium-high heat.
- Place all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl and ensure you get a nice even coating. Use enough olive oil to lightly coat everything. Marinate for anywhere from 1 hour to overnight.
- Once your skewers are soaked, start alternately threading your ingredients onto your skewers, steak, pepper, onion, tomato and so on.
- Once done, grill for 8-10 minutes uncovered turning occasionally for medium-rare to medium steaks.
- Once done serve with a side dish of your choice, I recommend my Sweet potato mash or Grilled Broccoli with Almond Dressing.
- Alternately you can include any fruits of your liking that you like grilled as well