I was so excited when I found out that US Wellness Meats started carrying bison. I am a self proclaimed bison addict, I just wish I could go hunt my own. Just to say I did it and help continue to live out my caveman persona. If anyone out there in internet land happens to own a ranch, or has access to some bison hunting, help a caveman out since I have some extra time on my hands now. Seriously though, you can make this recipe with a bison chuck or beef and I made it so simple a caveman really did it. You can have it prepped in under 5 minutes and have minimal dishes. That sounds like a winning combination to me.
So I have to know, I spent some time doing a lot of hard work on these photos. I was going for a dark look and especially with the last one. I call that my Dexter photo, what do you think? Be honest, you won’t hurt my feelings. Well maybe a little but I will cry in solitude and eat some bacon. That seems to be the best solution to all life problems, BACON. I forgot to tell you guys, if you ever run across any funny bacon photos, posts, or links please shoot them to me in an email to email@example.com
Like normal, I am out of things to say and am just filling some space for you. Have you noticed I haven’t been posting many desserts lately? No I am not mad at you but I was getting a little fluffy and I actually had some complaints that all I posted was dessert. What do you want to see more of? Entrees, side dishes, desserts, or all of the above? Let me know in the comments so I have some direction to take for you. I will leave you to this recipe, so enjoy.
Crockpot BBQ Pulled Bison
- Wash your bison or beef chuck roast under cold water and pat dry
- Use your melted coconut oil and rub it all over your chuck roast and then season liberally with salt and pepper
- Line the bottom of your crock pot with your sliced red onion
- Place your roast on top of the onions and add your 1 cup of water to your crock pot
- Set on low and cook for 10-12 hours
- Once your roast is done, you should be able to shred it with two forks
- Shred your meat til it is to your liking. I like to leave mine in the juice in the crock pot until I serve it
- Plate your bison or beef roast and dress it using the BBQ Sauce of your choice (like my Beasty BBQ Sauce)
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****