One of the most common questions I receive is how to eat paleo on a budget? The truth is, when starting out it can be overwhelming with all of the changes and new shopping requirements. The best tip I can give, transition in phases and don’t think you have to change it all overnight. Another tip is to learn how to make more economical cuts of meat taste delicious. That is where this I can help with this chuck roast recipe.
Chuck Roast Recipes
When I started eating paleo, I was working 80 hours a week and had very little time to cook. Recipes using a crockpot that required little to no effort were my favorite. Here are a few of my other favorites:
- Crockpot Rump Roast
- Crockpot Beef Tongue
- Crockpot 7-Bone Roast (same as chuck roast)
- Crockpot Balsamic Roast
- Italian Style Chuck Roast
- Primal Pot Roast
One of the reasons I love the chuck roast so much is that it contains a lot of connective tissue, including collagen, which partially melts during cooking. That collagen greatly enhances the richness of the meal as well as health benefits.
Leave me a comment letting me know your favorite chuck roast recipe. I would love to try a few new ones.
- Brew Hug In A Mug Coffee
- Make 5 deep slits all over your roast and shove the cloves of garlic in it
- Rub the meat generously with salt and pepper
- Place the roast, mushrooms, and onions in your crockpot
- Add coffee
- Cook on low for 8 hours or done to your liking.
- I am serving mine with roasted green beans with honey and walnuts as well as mashed cauliflower. Enjoy
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.