So this was a total shot in the dark and to my delight and the friends eating it, it was delicious. It is a very bold steak rub tamed by the amazing sweetness of mashed butternut squash. Hope you enjoy.
- 2 top sirloin steaks
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp espresso ground organic french vanilla coffee
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pull steaks out of fridge and let come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This allows all the meat to be the same temperature and ensures even cooking.
- Preheat your grill on high for 10 minutes and then leave it on high, somewhere between 550-650 degrees
- Brush both of your steaks with extra virgin olive oil and then spread the above rub all over both sides of your steak
- Place on the grill and cook for 5 minutes then flip and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on the other side or done to your liking.
- Remove from the grill, cover with aluminum foil for about 5 minutes to allow all the juices to settle and the steak to finish cooking
- Serve with the amazing butternut squash below
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F
- Cut your butternut squash in half and scrape out all the seeds
- Place cut side up in a baking dish and using a basting brush, brush coconut oil on all the flesh of the squash
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven 40-60 minutes, this completely depends on the size of your squash. Squash is done when a fork will sink through flesh effortlessly
- Once done, use a spoon to scrape out all the sqaush and place in a large mixing bowl
- Add the honey, ghee, and cinnamon and mash like you would mashed potatoes
- Mix well and serve with the amazing steak above
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.