25 Healthy Kids Snacks that are easy to make, easy to store and even easier to eat. We wanted to provide a comprehensive list to capture a wide array of tastebuds and the list below does just that. The list may be labeled snacks but I have caught myself numerous times eating a lot of these recipes as full meals. They are too delicious to eat in moderation. Adding just a few of these snacks to your weekly meal rotation or pairing them with some delicious recipes will keep things fun and flavorful.
25 Healthy Kids Snacks
In our opinion, there are no better options for healthy kids snacks than cut up fruits, vegetables and nature’s candy aka dried fruit. The truth is they can get boring (and, honestly, not many kids want to snack on vegetables). Many of these recipes are loaded with vegetables and healthy fats and are so much better for kids (and adults) than anything at a fast food restaurant.
The snacks on the list are easy to make and many are no-bake recipes. Therefore, many of these snacks would be perfect for cooking with kids. The earlier we can get our kids cooking the better. Then they can make us dinner ;)
1. Apple Pie Caveman Bars – These apple pie bars have all of the delicious taste of apple pie without the crust. Plus, they are portable so kids can enjoy them anywhere.
2. Strawberry Applesauce – This strawberry applesauce recipe is so incredibly versatile and easy to make. It can be chunky or smooth and served warm or cold – whatever you want.
3. BBQ Baked Kale Chips – Skip the overpriced store-bought kale chips and make your own for a fraction of the cost. They are also ridiculously easy to make, and kids love them.
4. Bacon Deviled Eggs – The only thing that could make deviled eggs taste even better is to add bacon to them. Plus, these bacon deviled eggs are loaded with avocados (yes, avocados) for even more healthy fat. Even without the hot sauce, these bacon deviled eggs are still the most delicious deviled eggs you will ever eat.
5. Plantain Crackers (from The Paleo Mom) – These crackers are a delicious, crunchy snack that can be made sweet using ripe plantains or savory using unripe plantains.
7. Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn (from Pure and Simply Nourishment) – All of the flavor of popcorn without the corn. The best part about roasted cauliflower popcorn is that there are no popcorn kernels o get stuck in your teeth,
8. Paleo Hummus (from The Primal Desire) – Hummus made with cauliflower instead of chickpeas? Trust me, it is delicious. Even the pickiest of little (and not so little) eaters will love this recipe.
9. Basic Paleo Egg Muffins (from Paleo Spirit) – Egg muffins are so versatile and perfect for little hands! They are an easy on-the-go breakfast or snack and can be loaded with your favorite meats and vegetables.
10. Bacon-Wrapped Dates (from Our Savory Life) – I love anything wrapped in bacon, and bacon-wrapped dates are my most favorite snack ever. Everyone, regardless of age, will love these sweet and salty snacks.
11. Paleo Pizza Bites (courtesy of Health-Bent) – What is the best part of a pizza? The topping, of course! You are in lucky with these paleo pizza bites. All of your favorite pizza toppings and none of the crust.
12. Build a Better Chicken Nugget (from The Domestic Man) – There is no need to ever go to a fast food chain restaurant again with these chicken nuggets from The Domestic Man. You will never feel guilty about giving your child these delicious nuggets as a snack or even a meal.
13. Fish Sticks (from Elana’s Pantry) – Fish sticks are a staple of childhood. These fish sticks are coated in almond flour instead of breading to create a delicious and satisfying crunch. Don’t forget to serve them with a side of Caveman Catsup.
14. Monster Smoothie Bowls (from Fork and Beans) – Do you have kids (or perhaps yourself) who are not fans of green smoothies? No problem. These Monster Smoothie Bowls are so frightfully delicious that anyone will want to devour them.
15. Apple Cinnamon Fruit Rolls (from Paleo Leap) – Fruit rolls are a fun way to eat fruit! What I love most about this recipe is that there are directions to make this with a food dehydrator or in the oven.
16. “Cool Ranch” Spinach Tortilla Chips (from Fork and Beans) – These tortilla chips are so delicious that kids will not know that they are eating spinach. Grownups will not know they are eating spinach either.
17. 3-Ingredient Energy Bars (from The Kitchn) – This is one of the easiest recipes you will ever make. Medjool dates, dried fruit, and nuts – that’s it. The possible fruit and nut combinations are endless.
18. Paleo Plantain Chips (from FED + fit) – I dare any kid to miss potato chips once he/she tastes these delicious, oven-baked plantain chips.
19. Mango + Avocado Salsa (from Nom Nom Paleo) – Healthy avocados and sweet mangoes make this a kid (and adult) favorite salsa. Also, you can also omit the red pepper flakes for those who do not like spicy salsa.
20. Easy Chia Seed Pudding (from A Beautiful Mess) – It’s a fact that chia seeds are healthy. This vanilla and chocolate chia seed recipe tastes so much better than pudding made from a box and kids love it.
21. Goldfish Crackers (from Elana’s Pantry) – Never buy the box version again. These goldfish crackers are made from real cheese with nothing at all artificial.
23. Paleo Granola (from Paleo Porn) – Skip the popular brand of granola that labels itself as healthy yet is full of high fructose corn syrup, and make this delicious paleo granola, sweetened with raw honey, instead. If you prefer, you can crumble this and add your favorite dairy or non-dairy milk to make granola cereal.
25. Lava Flow Ice Pops (from Nom Nom Paleo) – These ice pops (or popsicles) can be enjoyed anytime of year with fresh or frozen fruit as the main ingredients.
All these healthy kids snacks don’t even scratch the surface of all that are out there. We have plenty more you can try and make listed on our recipe index. Do you have a favorite snack? Leave a comment and we will add it to the list! Now onto your meal plan.
Paleo Porridge from Strictly Paleo…ish
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.