I realize it has been like 6 days since I posted a recipe, and for that I am sorry. I have had a few hectic weeks, and even though I would love to sit here, edit, and type recipes for you everyday, I have recently discovered there really are only 24 hours in a day. I was hoping I could redefine logic and get at least an extension to 30, but so far all that has done is lead to sleepless nights and a slight sickness. Thanks to my amazing friend Michelle from Nom Nom Paleo, I was able to whip up a batch of Super Human Healing Bone Broth (this is not an accurate claim, just my description, don’t sue me) while I recorded a Mastermind call titled “Unstoppable Health for Men with Big Dreams” <—–Click to listen. My buddies Joe & Lucas put together an awesome call to truly help lots of people struggling and I am excited to see what they manage to do to make a difference in this world. You can check out their awesome program: 30-Day Man UP! High level coaching program for men.
So I got an awesome email this week, and it is about something I have already done in the past and it is an amazing idea. It is called Paleo Pen Pals. So two amazing women, Brittanie and Tarah decided to put an amazing idea to action and I whole heartedly support it. They did two introductory posts to get the ball rolling which you can find HERE and HERE. It’s not really about writing, it is more about exchanging food and cooking it. Who doesn’t want food sent to them to try something new? I mean I have been half tempted to give my address out, but then that kind of scares me just in the off chance I angered one of you, EEEK! Back on point, you should at least check out their sites and give it a thought, I would love to hear or see some of your creations posted on my Facebook Page.
If you are still reading into the third paragraph, thank you. I should not be typing right now, I would never drink and drive so I shouldn’t be drinking and blogging. But who knows, it could get really fun in here!!! Not really, I am a total light weight, I had a glass of wine with my dinner before resuming some website work and I am totally ready for bed now. I know you have never heard me mention how HAPPY I am that it is fall right now, HINT HINT!! But seriously, it makes my heart so happy to be able to wear a hoodie from the moment I roll out of bed until I curl right back into it, that’s all. The simple things in life.
Oh yeah, one more thing. I have to apologize for the plethora of pictures because I could not decide which one I liked better. There were actually three more too, but I figured 7 photos in one post would be a little excessive, thoughts? Well, I know you really don’t care as long as you get the recipe, but if you are so inclined please tell me which photo you like better. Oh and I almost forgot, if you haven’t seen my book yet, check it out HERE.
- Place your sweet potatoes in a large stock pot with boiling water and boil until fork tender, approximately 15 minutes
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- If using freeze dried blueberries, pulse in a food processor to make a powder and then add to your sweet potatoes, if using fresh blueberries don’t add them yet
- Add your coconut milk, lemon juice, butter, honey, and cinnamon and mash using your stand mixer or a hand mixer
- Beat your potatoes until no lumps remain
- Fold in your fresh blueberries if using them and mix by hand
- Transfer your sweet potato mixture to 4 small ramekins and sprinkle pecans on top
- Place your ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until your pecans are toasted, NOT BLACK
- Garnish with a scoop of refrigerated coconut milk and serve
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****.