I request everyones assistance in helping to fund my trip to the Ancestral Health Symposium in August. As much as I wish I could just afford to go on my own, the Marine Corps will never pay me enough for that. If you have anything, please click the button and help me out. I thank you in advance.
****DISCLAIMER: I posted a shirtless picture of myself and used a curse word, if you don’t like it I am sorry. I am not posting it for vanity, it is to show people that everyone can use a reset and benefit from it. Even though I think I am perfect paleo all the time, we all need to keep learning****
I couldn’t be happier with the results I got doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox. I am writing this post because today was day 21 but I intend on going on for at least another month or so. I am currently not training due to injury so all my progress was made just by food alone. I have to be honest, before I started I didn’t think I would benefit at all. I eat Paleo 100% of the time and can honestly say in over a year I have not had any grains, legumes, or dairy intentionally and I never plan to so didn’t think I had anything to learn. Well I am glad I did it and my stubbornness was proved wrong. Just don’t tell the amazing Diane from Balanced Bites whose program this is, I don’t like having my stubbornness proved wrong, haha. A few of the major things I learned that everyone should know:
- EVERYONE can benefit from doing this 21 Day Sugar Detox. I mean EVERYONE. Paleo or not, Primal or not, Standard american diet or not, EVERYONE can benefit from this.
- I don’t care how much you think you know, how much control you think you have over your body, how perfect you already think your diet is, that you are most likely wrong and you have nothing to lose by trying this for 21 days. I was the same way and sure enough I was proved wrong.
- You DON’T need to be a workout junkie, competitive athlete, marathon runner etc to get lean and stay that way. About the only traditional nutrition advise I still agree with is that your abs are made in your kitchen, and that DOESN’T mean by limiting your calories. It means by eating what you should; a diet based on sustainable meat and in season vegetables and fruit. Rocket science time – Eat a Paleo/primal diet.
- This has to be the easiest program I have ever followed. I mean easiest. Back in the day I used to carb cycle while doing triathlons. I did that stupid P90X and Insanity stuff with the stupid diets that followed it. I did the 6-8 meals a day thinking it would make me skinny. I did the run 8 miles a day to try and wilt away my body to look skinny. GUESS WHAT?
- NONE of those things worked. You know what did work???? Sleeping 8 hours a night, not stressing, eating a crap ton of bacon, eating when I was hungry and not when I wasn’t. So pretty much what I am saying, you can be completely lazy and eat tons of delicious food and not worry about it. There should be a newsflash for this one: 21 Day Program gets you happy, healthy, and sexy and all you have to do is eat and sleep.
- There are a ton of resources for 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly recipes if you aren’t feeling creative, don’t want to use my website, or just want to mix it up. Check them out Here, Here and Here.
- Since today is Earth Day, you can do it a great credit by eating Paleo/Primal. The reasons for this is long but I don’t have time nor drive to write about it. I know someone who does though, His name is Google and he has never steered me wrong.
- If you are still reading I feel special and loved, but I will make this easy. If you want to look, feel, and perform better. Click on that lovely image below and join me for the next 21 days. I kinda need some company anyways, keep me accountable
I love being a part of this community, I know my last post was a pretty angry rant, I did not intend that to be negative at all, someone just crossed a line really close to my heart and with a dear friend. Well someone else redeemed that negativity for me on Friday. You see my day was complete SHIT, had my identity stolen again, etc etc and I go to my normal coffee shop to have an afternoon americano to calm me down after my shittastic day and was completely blown away by someones sweetness. I was standing there in my workout attire rocking my Nom Nom Paleo socks and the sweetest woman named Valerie came and introduced herself to me. She recognized me from my website and completely made my day. She has lost over 100 lbs already and completely changed her life and she reminded me why I do what I do everyday. We spent a good 20 minutes talking and I could have kept going because she is just a down to earth, sweet, amazing woman. She even scolded me for not sleeping enough and said you all wouldn’t mind if I took a break every now and then, haha. Well we shall see, but I just wanted to say thank you Valerie for bringing some sunshine back into my cloudy day on Friday.