I have to apologize in advance before you read this one, I am exhausted and my writing may just be a little discombobulated. But honestly, who are we kidding? First off, I should get bonus points for just using the word discombobulated and spelling it right. Second, my writing is always like that so you should be used to it. You have to admit though, you probably cringe every time you see my spelling and grammar mistakes. I know because I get emails about them and as much as you are probably right, it is my website and since I see it as my personal journal I just don’t give a hoot. In my defense though, I have actually started proof reading some of the posts to eliminate a few errors so maybe I will get better overtime. If not I hope you still come for the delicious food and ridiculous humor, or just my funny looking smile.
At least the pictures look delicious right?
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head cauliflower (740 grams) cored, separated and cut into florets
- Herbed goat cheese for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat your olive oil over medium-low heat
- Add your onions and a pinch of salt and saute until tender, about 10 minutes
- Add your garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes stirring often
- Add the cauliflower and 1 cup (250 ml) of water
- Cover your pot or dutch oven and simmer until the cauliflower is fork tender which should take 10-15 minutes
- Uncover, add another 4 cups (1 liter) water, raise the heat to high and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat to low to maintain a steady simmer and continue to cook for another 20 minutes
- You can now use an immersion blender to puree your soup or work in batches and blend it in a food processor or blender
- Once pureed, keep on low heat until ready to serve
- Ladle your soup into bowls, drizzle with extra olive oil, season with salt and pepper and garnish with herbed goat cheese of your choice
- Serve immediately and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.