Happy Sunday? Is everyone sticking to their New Year life changes? I sure hope so and if you stumbled get right back up. We all face challenges and stressors everyday that knock us down, all that matters is you get back up and keep pushing forward. No one is judging how fast you get up, all you need to do is keep moving forward. I think my mind is working extra positively today since I just left a butt whooping session of Bikram Yoga. It is my third class in the past 3 weeks and let’s talk about a humbling experience. Big bad crossfit muscles do nothing for you when you need to relax and breath. It has definitely been an amazing experience using it to help find balance, plus having no communication with anyone for 2 hours is pure heaven for me since I am glued to my smart phone most times. One of my New Year’s life changes was to spend more time interacting with flesh and blood human beings, have conversations instead of texts, and as many times as possible leave my phone in my car when I go somewhere. Baby steps but it has been successful so far.
Now this is one of the quickest and easiest meals you can have while on your Whole 30 or while doing your 21-Day Sugar Detox. All you need is a [amazon_link id=”B0000CCY1S” target=”_blank” ]julienne peeler[/amazon_link] or the world’s best kitchen tool, a [amazon_link id=”B0007Y9WHQ” target=”_blank” ]Spiral slicer[/amazon_link]. It can be made in advance or on the spot and it is delicious. I personally prefer the cold raw version but you can heat it up and go to town with creativity and the flavor train. I look forward to hearing how you like it and what you do to suit yourself. Please leave me a comment letting me know.
- Place your zucchini in your spiral slicer to make pasta. If you don't have a spiral slicer you can use a julienne peeler or vegetable peeler and make thicker noodles
- Whichever method you choose, make your noodles to your liking and set aside
- Place your toasted pecans in your food processor and pulse until you have small chunks, not quite flour consistency
- Add your can of fire-roasted tomatoes and process on high to make a smooth sauce
- Plate your noodles and dress with the sauce
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking and enjoy
- Follow steps 1-4 from above
- Place your zucchini noodles on a paper towl lined cookie sheet and lightly salt
- Let sit to reduce the moisture
- Preheat a saute pan on medium heat and a sauce pan on medium heat
- Place your tomato sauce in the sauce pan, cover, and let simmer until hot
- Using a fat of your choice (bacon fat, avocado oil, coconut oil) saute your noodles for 1-2 minutes in your saute pan to just warm them up
- Transfer your noodles to a plate, dress with your sauce and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****