Wow, so it has been a year. No April Fool’s whatsoever. I started my Facebook page and this website exactly one year ago today. First recipe wasn’t posted until April 10th, but still its a year. And speaking of April Fool’s, I have to admit, I got “got” this morning from a few dear friends of mine, the power couple I like to call FitBomb also known as Nom Nom Paleo and FitBomb or Henry and Michelle if you are getting technical. Want to see what I am talking about, go read it HERE.
Ok so back to this one year anniversary. I have done my best to give you all tons of prizes and products and info etc but I haven’t really given myself a break. Insert break time. Don’t worry May 1st I will make it up, you will see. I have come close to working myself back into the ground with adrenal fatigue as well as re-developing an unhealthy addiction to sugar and Paleo “Treats”. I was telling myself it was ok that I would down an entire cup of dates with an accompanying cup of macadamia nuts drizzled in honey when I was stressed. It’s not. So I am not going anywhere but I am giving my body what it needs: a reset. That’s where my awesome friend Diane from Balanced Bites comes into play. Starting today began the first day of my 30(21) Day Sugar Detox, her program is 21 Days but I am going to keep it going as long as I can. I control food, not the other way around, and I am going to kindly remind my body of that. My brain is no longer going to play sneaky little craving tricks on me due to sleep deprivation, stress, work etc. I am in control of my body, my food and my fuel and I will only give myself what I need to THRIVE in this life.
I will be posting recipes and pictures on here as well as my Facebook page as often as I can throughout the next month so you can see what I am eating. My page is loaded with 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly recipes so feel free to search around. I would love each and every one of the 5 readers I have to do this with me, so if you would like to, please go sign up by clicking on the picture:
The more people involved the better, we can constantly encourage and support each other by posting our photos, meals, comments, struggles etc. You can ask me any questions on my Facebook page or join Diane’s amazing community of people. Alone this could be hard for some people, together we can accomplish anything. I will give anything I can to help anyone succeed who needs it, if we all do that this will be an amazing journey. I look forward to it.
- 2 medium beets
- 1 tsp Kasandrinos extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Peel your beets and slice 1/16th of an inch thick using a mandoline
- In a mixing bowl toss your beets with either your olive oil or coconut oil. I have used both and loved both
- This step is where is pays to have 4 rimmed baking sheets. If you don't you, will just have to do 2 batches
- Line two of your baking sheets with parchment paper and then arrange beets in a single layer
- Stack a baking sheet on top of your beets holding them flat
- Bake them for ~20 Minutes or until the edges of your beets start to dry out
- Remove the second baking sheets holding your beets down and rotate your baking sheets
- Bake for an additional 10-20 minutes ensuring you remove the beets as they become lighter in color
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool, the chips will get crispy when cold
- Serve with a side of your choice or my highly recommended and loved Mango Guacamole
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.