There are so many things going on behind the scenes at Civilized Caveman headquarters now and I am going to share a few before we get to this delicious butternut squash recipe. We started an exclusive private Facebook Group that is AMAZING. THE PALEO KITCHEN IS OFF AT PRINT!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited. The level of pride and love I have for this book is beyond reproach. Twelve months of amazing work is about to pay off and be in our hands. I poured so much love into this book that we can’t wait to share it with you.
I absolutely love butternut squash and am ashamed to say I had never eaten it before I went Paleo. I have a ton of butternut squash recipes on my site now and have a feeling that number will continue to exponentially grow. It is the most versatile ingredient ever that tastes amazing. You can make brownies, soups, hashes, etc and the flavor combinations are endless. Just sitting here, I realized that there are probably thousands of ways to enjoy this heavenly ingredient that I may be missing out on. Leave me a comment below with your favorite recipes or ways to eat butternut squash so I can get to trying them.
This recipe is one of those weeknight classics that can be made in huge batches and snack on through out the week. You can serve it with chicken, beef, seafood or even eggs. My favorite thing so far has been making scrambled eggs and serving this on the side as a hash. All too often we over complicate meals or think they have to be difficult, the truth is the simpler the better. Enjoy this recipe and I can’t wait to read your comments.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 Celsius)
- Place your butternut squash in a large bowl with your maple syrup and coconut oil and mix well to coat the squash
- Place your squash on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and then sprinkle liberally with sea salt
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes
- Remove your squash from the oven, place back into your large bowl and add your pecans and dates and toss to combine
- Place your squash back on your baking sheet and cook for another 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately or let cool and enjoy cold
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.