Here we go with another amazing Crock-pot Chicken, and you can prep this one in 5 minutes if your fast :). Just for those of you who don’t know, Mirepoix is nothing fancy, it’s just the french term to describe the combination of onions, celery, and carrots. It is used as a flavor base for tons of dishes from stocks, soups, and sauces and adds an amazing flavor to everything. Hope you enjoy and feel free to flavor or spice up anyway you see fit.
- 1 whole chicken
- sea salt
- crushed white pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme, 3 diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- Wash your chicken in cold water and then pat dry with napkins or paper towels
- Generously season the inside and outside of the chicken with your sea salt and crushed white pepper
- Cover the bottom of your crock pot with half of your diced veggies and lay your chicken on top of them
- Place 1 clove of garlic and your 2 un-diced sprigs of thyme inside the bird
- Now sprinkle your diced thyme and remaining chopped veggies over the top of your chicken
- Juice a fresh lemon over the chicken and then place the lemon halves inside the cavity of the chicken
- Place in your crock-pot and cook on low for 6 hours
- I shredded all the meat and removed all the bones and placed it back in the broth in the crock pot and served it shredded with all the veggies
- Enjoy all by itself or with a side of Grilled BBQ Asparagus.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.