For the longest time I used to overcomplicate things. One of those things was how to cook sweet potatoes. Especially how to bake sweet potatoes. For some reason, they always tasted amazing when others made them but I could never get them right. After years of chasing the illusive perfect sweet potato, I stumbled across the holy grail when I started baking sweet potatoes in the oven. Now I like to bake 10 at a time and keep them in fridge for when I am hungry. I peel them and saute them with my eggs in the morning, I mash them and bake with them, and sometimes I just eat them cold. Either way, they are always delicious. Leave me a comment with your favorite way to eat Sweet Potatoes, hopefully this one is on the top of the list.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit (205 Celsius)
- Wash and scrub your sweet potatoes, prick them with a fork and place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet
- Coat your sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Place in the oven and bake until soft all the way through, about 45 minutes to 1 hour
- While your sweet potatoes are baking, preheat a cast iron skillet or saute pan over medium heat
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and add your onions, stirring often
- Cook onions for 5-7 minutes or until translucent
- Add the bell pepper, apples and cranberries, cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add bacon and spinach, stir often for 2-3 minutes until all spinach has cooked down
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat
- To serve, slice each sweet potato lengthwise and push on the ends to open up the middle
- Spoon the stuffing into each sweet potato and serve
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.