- Mix all of the above ingredients except the pork shoulder and the BBQ sauce in a small mixing bowl, mix it all well making your spice rub
- Massage the spice rub all over the meat in every crevice you can find
- Wrap tightly in a double wrap of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, I did mine overnight. You can refrigerate this for up to 3 days
- Unwrap the roast and place it in your crock pot, add 1/4 cup of water and turn your crock pot on low and cook for 8-10 hours until the meat is fork-tender
- Transfer your roast to a cutting board and discard all the liquid in your crock pot
- Pull the meat apart by tearing the meat into thin shreds with two forks or your fingers
- Place all the shredded meat back in the crock pot and toss with Beasty BBQ Sauce and heat on low for 60 minutes until hot.
- Serve and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.