I am here to save you money by getting you to make some of our top Valentines Day treats instead of diamonds. I promise these recipes taste better too. We all know chocolate is an aphrodisiac, so how about coffee chocolate frosting? You can put it on bacon, cookies, cupcakes, muffins, spoons, fingers,
lips ok this is a PG-13 website, you can use your imagination. I won’t stall you any longer so enjoy.
Valentines Day Treats
Most of us grew up seeing Valentine’s day treats all over the place. My main memory is always seeing those boxes of Russell Stover’s chocolates. I used to get frustrated because we would lose the description sheet and always had to bite to find out what flavor it was. I wasn’t an adventurous child, so 90% of the time I didn’t like what I got.
You don’t have to worry about that when you are making your own valentines day treats. Not only are they better for you and cheaper, you don’t have to worry about that dreaded bite of flavor you don’t like.
Not to mention, nothing says love to someone else or even yourself than taking the time to hand craft something delicious to share. I personally believe the art of cooking is one of the most romantic and loving gestures that can be given. Someone is trusting you to provide their sustenance which maintains life.
That is kind of a big deal, just saying.
Just in case you find yourself in a time pinch after creating all of these valentines day treats, here are some last minute date ideas to help you out.
Valentine’s Day Ideas
We all love food, these valentines day treats have that part covered. Now here are some romantic valentines day ideas for the person you love:
- On small pieces of paper, write down every kind of kiss that you can think of (examples: passionate, on the cheek, etc.). Then fill an inexpensive red felt bag with your “kisses” and give it to your spouse. Ask your spouse to pull several pieces of paper from the felt bag, and then give your sweetheart whatever kind of kiss is described.
- Make a book about why you love your spouse and why you are thankful for him/her.
- Take your sweetie on a scavenger hunt. Ask him/her to answer riddles to find the clues to items that you placed somewhere around town. The last item should give instructions that lead to your Valentine’s Day activities.
- After enjoying a candlelight dinner for two at home, give your spouse a massage and watch a romantic movie.
- Give your wife a dozen roses. On each stem attach a note for a future date—to do something that she would enjoy (example: Go to the symphony).
- For the other 20, click here…..
It’s not secret that I love chocolate. I have been doing my research to justify my addiction and have actually found information that says long term ingestion of chocolate helps protect against UV rays. The article says women so I am going to test the theory on men for the greater good. I will report my delicious results after years and years of strict testing.
Oh and it also decreases blood pressure, so at the rate I eat it, I will try not to cease my existence. I just wanted to share some justification for you to eat as much chocolate as I do. Now go enjoy these amazing recipes.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.