Paleo Brownies!?!?! To some that name is sac religious and in my honest opinion, people are going to eat desserts so my job is to provide them with the healthiest option that exists. Since these paleo brownies are gluten, grain, dairy and soy free I feel like they hit the mark. Much better than taking a box off a shelf and adding an egg. Before I forget, I made an amazing candied bacon brownie recipe which is exclusive to The Paleo Kitchen.
Before I was paleo, I wasn’t much of a brownies fan. Actually all I ate was black raspberry ice cream and pizza. Such a healthy way to live right? I had my fair share of struggles, including my 12 year battle with bulimia so being able to eat paleo brownies with a smile on my face is AMAZING.
When I was working on these, I noticed I had a problem. There were already 10 other brownie recipes on my website. Oops, but in the spirit of fair and equal chocolate eating, I will share them all with you.
Here are all my favorite paleo brownie recipes:
- Blueberry Espresso Brownies
- Almond Butter Blueberry Brownies
- Sweet Potato Ginger Brownies
- Pumpkin Brownies with Pumpkin Pie Frosting
- Chocolate Bacon Brownies
- Blueberry Banana Brownies
- Raw Pumpkin Brownies
- Sweet Potato Ginger Brownies
Which one are you going to try second. On top of these double chocolate paleo brownies, hands down my favorite recipe is the Blueberry Espresso Brownies.
Oh I almost forgot, my favorite thing to do with all of my brownie recipes is to slater them with my delicious Coffee Chocolate Frosting. Trust me, just try it.
I have spent a lot of time the past few months envisioning where we are going to take Civilized Caveman Cooking in the future. I am crystal clear and working behind the scenes here to deliver an out of this world user-experience that is loaded with the best recipes, articles, meal plans, videos and more. We have been posting a brand new recipe every day on Instagram and want to keep you happy.
Is there anything you would like to see from us? More emails, more videos, more recipes? Let us know in the comments how we can best support you.
- 2 cups of almond butter (can use sun-butter, cashew, macadamia nut butter or a mixture to total 2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raw organic honey, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips, melted (or dark chocolate)
- 1 very ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, blend your almond butter and eggs to make a smooth batter
- Add in the honey and the vanilla and mix well
- Add the salt, baking soda, and then SLOWLY add in the Cacao powder (or else you will take a chocolate powder bath like I did the first time)
- Now fold in the melted chocolate and banana, and mix well
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish with coconut oil or whatever oil you see fit and bake for 35-40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.