Todays post is brought to you from an awesome guest, Vanessa from Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind. To keep it short, this woman is a dessert genius and I would have never thought of this.
This is my first guest blog post! I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do! If we were going through a proper introduction in person, perhaps this is the point where I would tell you how the Civilized Caveman and I actually met. Well we live in the same awesome city you see, which is really cool. I didn’t even know that until like a month ago. He could have lived in Ohio for all I know. Which might be weird for you if you live in Ohio and you’re reading this, because then you’d be like, well that’s not really that far away. My point is, he could have lived anywhere but lucky for me he lives right here (not Ohio) and we have lots of things, people, and places in common and he was kind enough to let me unleash this recipe on his blog waves. It involves his famous Civilized Caveman Banana Bread and chocolate. Two of the finer things in life. Have you ever had his banana bread? Of course you have. But seriously it’s probably the best banana bread on earth and I’m not going to lie, it almost didn’t survive long enough for me to make this recipe.
As you’ll see below there is a point where you’ll have to trim the edges off of the bread, key word “trim”. My edges were cut, like inches, and the banana bread loaf kept shrinking and then I was like okay enough is enough! I HAVE to make this recipe! (Shoving one last bite of banana bread in my mouth…and then one more). So my advice to you would be, make 2 loaves of his banana bread, one to make this recipe with and then one to just eat because, well it’s delicious and you’ll want it later. Trust me. So now I present to you Paleo Banana Bread Chocolate Truffles. If you like what you read and eat, feel free to check out my blog at Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind; it’s open 24 hours a day so stop on by!
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup of cashew butter
- 1/3 cup of organic palm shortening
- 2 tablespoons canned coconut milk, full-fat
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Make THIS RECIPE and then come back for these instructions
- In a food processor add your cup of cashews and puree for about 10 minutes or so until you get a doughy consistency
- You will have to scrape down the sides a few times
- Then with your food processor on, drizzle the coconut oil through the top until thoroughly combined and you have a creamy nut butter texture
- This is the cashew butter you will use in this recipe for the Paleo Cream Cheese below unless you bought cashew butter
- In a food processor combine all of your ingredients and puree until smooth
- Using a double boiler melt down the Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips until smooth
- Trim off the edges of the banana bread and eat them as a mid cooking snack. You know you want to. Then put the loaf in a large mixing bowl and crumble with your hands or a fork until finely ground into small pieces.
- Fold the Paleo Cream Cheese into your Banana Bread crumbles and mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take a bit of the banana bread cream cheese mixture and roll it your hands to make even sized little truffle balls about an inch in diameter. Then place them on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. My batch made 50.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Use a spoon to dip chilled banana bread balls into the melted chocolate. Use the spoon to roll the ball around until it's completely covered in chocolate. Then place gently back on the parchment paper.
- Gently grate a few shavings of the 85% cacao dark chocolate onto the top of the truffle while it's still wet.When you've finished place back in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.