I feel bad because I haven’t posted in a few days. The truth is I am currently typing this on my 5th day straight of being in bed. What started as me thinking I had food poisoning ended up being a nasty stomach flu and I have been bed ridden for 5 days. This is honestly the sickest I have ever been in my life but I am keeping positive and feel like I am on my way out of it. I actually slept in bed last night instead of on the bathroom floor so that is a major improvement but probably TMI. I suppose we should talk happy talk instead of shooting the s**t. <— That was a bad joke given what my body has been doing the past few days ;)
So I don’t know if you saw the delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Pops I posted but these are my lazy version. Pretty much same recipe but there is no laborious process of coating them and freezing them etc. So in other words you can just mix, bake and eat and that is what we all love isn’t it? I had honestly never eaten a lemon poppy seed anything before this recipe or going Paleo so I didn’t understand what all the fuss was about. That was until I tasted these bad boys and they became my new addiction. I might make it a New Years resolution to just eat one a day for an entire year because it will make me happy. Yes I think I will, I am already happy thinking about it.
Here comes a random blurb that has nothing to do with this recipe at all really so bear with me. Facebook has been changing a lot lately and it is really frustrating to small people like me trying to reach the people who have liked our page to see our recipes. They want me to pay close to $4,000 a post to ensure all of my fans see it. That is insane, I wish I had that kind of disposable income but I don’t. I just want to make sure people get to see these recipes so they can make them, share them, get healthy and all that jazz. I am just asking that if you are on my Facebook page, that when you see a recipe please share it so others can find it. If you aren’t on Facebook or that isn’t an option, I have a better alternative in which you will NEVER miss a recipe. Just sign up for my newsletter at the bottom of this post and you will receive every recipe by email as soon as I post it. Instant gratification which is totally my style. Well my stomach is acting up and I need to get some more rest, I can’t wait to read your comments on these beauties. Have a great day :)
- 2 cups almond flour (185 grams)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (90 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda (3 grams)
- 2/3 cup raw honey, melted
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons pure lemon extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 Celsius).
- Sift almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Place oil and honey in the bowl of a food processor and process for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add coconut milk, lemon extract, and lemon zest, and poppy seeds. Continue to process until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients and thoroughly combine using a wooden spoon until smooth
- Pour batter into muffin liners in a muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven, remove from the pan and let cool
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****