Before we get to this recipe, I just wanted you to know I am having a Memorial Day Weekend sale on my cookbook, Caveman Feast until Monday the 27th only. It is 60% off and you get lifetime updates to it once you purchase. It is pretty much a cookbook that keeps on growing for the same price. Crazy right? Well we all know I am a little bit so it makes sense. Head over and grab it HERE.
Ok enough with all these amazing deals, now how about an amazing recipe? Yes that is right, these are PALEO Belgium waffles that are so simple to make, easy to freeze and warm up in a toaster, and taste better than the real thing.
I was going to post this recipe sooner but I wanted to get some serious testing done on it. I had 5 different people taste them as well as 4 kids and they all loved them. That was enough convincing for me to share with everyone. Plus I have been warming one up in the toaster every Saturday morning for breakfast and am shocked every time at the ecstasy contained in every single bite. You will absolutely love this recipe and you can prep a bunch in advance to be able to grab and go from the freezer. All about time saving now. Please leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts and share this recipe with friends.
- 1 banana (143 grams)
- 1 apple, peeled and cored (141 grams)
- 1 cup almond butter (260 grams)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (Can use coconut flour 1:1)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- coconut oil for greasing waffle iron
- Puree apple and banana in a food processor.
- Whip almond butter on high for 2-3 minutes until smooth and fluffed using hand mixer.
- Add puree and remaining ingredients to whipped almond butter and continue to whip until combined.
- Grease your hot waffle maker for every waffle you make.
- Use about 1 ladle of batter per 8-by-4-inch waffle onto hot waffle iron for 3-5 minutes until browned. Do not fill up entire waffle maker, leave about 1/3 unfilled so that the batter can spread.
- Eat immediately or store flat in freezer and make your own breakfast by reheating in toaster - the waffles will be firm enough!
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer whisk coconut milk (only the thick white stuff, not the water) on high for 3 minutes
- Add honey and whisk for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve over waffles and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****