I have a confession, I LOVE COOKIES. I know that may not seem like much of a secret but I love trying to create new cookies that are delicious and everyone loves. I believe I hit a home run with these. They are easy to make, cook fast and stay nice and soft. The level of joy that shoots through my body when I taste that first bite of melting chocolate paired with the hint of sea salt just throws me in an entirely new happy place. Wow, that was a really sensual description of my first bite, good thing I didn’t take any video of it. Honestly though, I am so excited to read your comments and see what flavors you have added and who you tricked with these beautiful cookies. Just a reminder, I love reading your comments but sometimes I know other prefer different social platforms like Instagram. If you are in the kitchen, making or eating these, please take a picture or video and tag my page so I can see. See that picture below? Want to eat it don’t you? It is only 20 minutes away so get to cooking.
Before you make these delicious cookies, I have a secret to tell you. My app is being released on July 23rd, 2013. Set your alarms, reminders, calenders or put a sticky note on your forehead; just don’t forget. We are going to do an initial launch price of $0.99 for over 200 Paleo Recipes. If you don’t want to remember, have no fear, subscribe to my newsletter and I will shoot an email out letting you know that day. I know this may sound bias, but I have had the app on my phone for a week and I open it all day because it is honestly breathtaking. The navigation is so simple, photos for every recipe, and options to save it or email it to friends. It is so much easier than having my computer in the kitchen to make my own recipes. EEEEEK, I am so excited.
Are you as excited as I am? I hope so. I am just overwhelmed with awesome ideas to keep updating it and sending out to continue to make your Paleo cooking journey as simple and delicious as possible. Do you have any ideas? If so, leave me a comment and I will let you know if we have them in the app or I will take note and work on them.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (185 grams)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (30 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg (50 grams)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted (107 grams)
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey, melted (150 grams)
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips (90 grams)
- 1/4 cup enjoy life chocolate chunks (45 grams)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (177 Degrees Celsius)
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine your almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda and mix well
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine your egg, vanilla, coconut oil and honey and mix well
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix ensuring you incorporate all of the ingredients
- Fold in your chocolate chips and chocolate chunks and mix by hand to spread them out evenly
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, spoon the batter onto a parchment lined cookie sheet leaving room for the cookies to spread
- Place in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until done
- Remove and place your cookies on a cooling rack
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***