I have been waiting 3 years for a perfect Paleo chocolate frosting and this one was an amazing mistake. I feel like the planets aligned because when I added the coffee flavoring to this, the chocolate seized and created this recipe. I knew coffee was the nectar of the gods and this recipe proves it. I used to buy tubs of crappy store bought frosting and now I realize what I was missing. Homemade chocolate frosting for the win :) Now for the serious note, I was going to save this recipe for a membership site I am building but decided it was too good not to share. With that being said, I need you to help spread the love of this recipe by sharing every where you can. Use this handy bar I installed above this paragraph and spread the chocolate frosting love. Now the teasing begins, don’t you just want to lick that spatula?
So I wrote it in the notes, but I want to make sure that you read it as many places as possible to ensure success. I have only made this recipe twice, and that was because I messed up the first recipe I was trying to make twice. I have only tried it with coffee extract so I am unaware if vanilla or peppermint extract will work. Chocolate seizes when liquids of different temperatures are added to the chocolate but this one worked warm as well. I also haven’t tried this recipe with anything but enjoy life chocolate chips so if you do, I can’t guarantee your success.
- Place coconut oil and coffee extract in a double boiler over low heat
- Once warm, add your enjoy life chocolate chips and stir constantly until the chips have melted and your chocolate is thick
- Remove from the heat, add a pinch of sea salt and stir until smooth
- Keep warm to spread and as it comes to room temperature it will harden like frosting
- Refrigerate the leftovers and when you want to use it again, warm it in the microwave or over warm water
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.