It actually feels really weird sitting here typing a recipe. I know it seems like forever, and it has been. I haven’t been doing much cooking, or blogging, or anything for that matter and it feels amazing to be back at it, especially when it’s simple and delicious. Lindsey and I were walking around the farmers market last week and one of the farmers offered me a grapefruit sample. The truth is, I have never liked grapefruit and decided to give it another try. My mind was blown at how amazing this freshly picked fruit was and I had to make a recipe. In getting back to the roots of what got me healthy, I decided to highlight the main ingredient and just compliment its flavors.
You can use whatever sweetener you choose. I will be doing it again with maple sugar for sure and maybe a mixture of both. Lindsey had the great idea to use a caramel drizzle and then I wanted to add chocolate of course. The possibilities as always are endless and that is the best part of cooking. There is never a dull moment in the kitchen and we can always try and experiment with new things. Cooking really is the only recipe you need to live an abundant, joyful, and excited life. Speaking of excited, I just stumbled across a new website that is amazing. They offer best-selling Kindle Books for 99 cents every day. It is free to sign up and you just buy when you want, it’s awesome. Click here to sign up. I don’t want to prolong the torture of your tastebuds any longer. Go enjoy this recipe and leave me a comment letting me know your thoughts.
- 2-4 large grapefruits
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to broil on HI
- Cut each grapefruit in half and then run a knife around each segment to loosen
- Place on a cookie sheet cut side up
- Sprinkle each grapefruit half with 1/2 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- Sprinkle each half with sea salt
- Place in the oven 5-7 inches from the broiler for 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and use a creme brulee torch to brown the top of the grapefruits
- If you don't have a torch, keep them in the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until caramelized. Do not let them burn!!!!
- Enjoy as a side or a dessert by itself. You might want to try with some coconut milk ice cream :)
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.