Before we get to the recipe, I have a very important announcement. The absolutely delicious and addicting coconut butter that is used in this recipe, and eaten daily from the jar in my pantry, is waiting for you to buy it. And the best news, I have a coupon code for 5% off. When you go order, use the code “ILOVEBACON” to save 5%. Also to note, I always buy this in bulk since the shipping costs top out at $12. Sorry to all my Canadian and International friends, currently it is only available in the United States. Oh yea, and she is running the coupon special just for me, so get over there and order before it goes away. You can click on the picture below or click on this link to order.
This recipe can be made so many different ways and with so many different variations. To start, instead of using Nikki’s Honey Pecan Pie you could use my other favorite which is the Macadamia nut one or the Midnight Mocha. You don’t have to use the chocolate, or you could and sprinkle with some chipotle or cayenne to add another level of flavor. Get creative or just follow it how it is. I have also tried this with green apples and it is just as delicious. I have my to do list flooded with all sorts of other fruits I am going to try this with. Let’s hope they are just as successful and I can post them. I won’t keep you any longer, here is the delicious picture before they all got gobbled up by friends. Make sure to leave me a comment and let me know how you get creative or if you like it just as is.
- Cut your apples in half, and using a small spoon or pumpkin carving tools, remove the core and scrape out at least 50% of the insides of your apples
- Be careful not to break your apples, you need the halves intact
- Place your jar of coconut butter in the microwave, lid off for 30 seconds to soften (If you are against microwaves, heat it in water over the stove)
- Scoop coconut butter into all of your apple halves filling until it is level with the half and ensure you pack it down
- Place all of your apple halves on a plate or cookie sheet and in the freezer for 20 minutes
- While your apples are freezing, place your dark chocolate in a double boiler on your stovetop on LOW heat
- Once your chocolate starts to melt, add in your butter or coconut oil and stir well to combine
- Once your chocolate is tempered, turn the heat off
- Place your shredded coconut in a bowl to make it easier for dipping
- Take your apples out of the freezer
- Using a sharp long knife, carefully cut your apples in slices to resemble my picture
- Dip one end in your chocolate and then your shredded coconut and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Repeat the process for all your apple slices and sprinkle them all with cinnamon
- Place all your apples in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to set and then take out and enjoy
- You can keep them refrigerated if you don't plan on eating them right away
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.