What a killer name right? How original of me, actually not really. It stands for Coconut Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie Balls. Wow that is a mouthful, hence why I shortened up to try and get your attention :). So yeah, what a week it has been following the holiday period; the Famous San Diego blackout of 9/08/11, some work drama, and me stalking UPS like a rabid dog waiting for my new camera to arrive. But I have found there is no better way to end a crappy week or day then to create something delicious or in this case steal an awesome recipe from my Awesome Friends at The Food Lovers Primal Palate who by the way have an AMAZING book coming out which you need to go pre-order [amazon_link id=”1936608480″ target=”_blank” ]HERE[/amazon_link] and NOW mainly because they are awesome and I said so. Well without further ado here is a delectable treat which is delicious and better for you than traditional dessert crap but still needs to be eaten in Moderation. Enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 375 (Thats degrees faranheit with the oven set to Bake for you non kitchen people)
- In a [amazon_link id="B0051T96QE" target="_blank" ]large bowl[/amazon_link], combine coconut oil, raw honey, eggs, vanilla extract, and sea salt. (To make your life easier, in a small bowl on the side, combine the raw honey and coconut oil and melt in the microwave before mixing it in)
- Add in your coconut flour.
- Stir in the macadamia nuts, shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- On parchment lined [amazon_link id="B0026RHI3M" target="_blank" ]baking sheets[/amazon_link], drop heaping tablespoons of cookie batter.(Ensure you form them to look like the cookies you want for a final product as these do not rise or spread like conventional cookies, which also means you can place more on a baking sheet without worrying about them touching)
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack and then enjoy with a nice glass of almond milk.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****