I don’t know about you, but when I was a child I was addicted to the snack pack pudding. I vividly remember sitting down and eating an entire six pack of those monsters in one sitting. Not so healthy. Who knew that once I went Paleo that I would be able to create an alternative that tastes better and is better for me. I present to you this Avocado Chocolate Pudding. You will be tricking kids, spouses or friends left and right. Enjoy.
Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Yes you read that right, avocado chocolate pudding. Did you just think avocados only possessed the magic quality of being delicious as themselves. I know a lot of people that love to sprinkle salt on avocados and eat them, I personally prefer the sweet approach and this never disappoints.
I didn’t start eating avocados until I moved to California, which is probably a good thing since I have only ever tasted the best. Did you know that avocados are a climacteric fruit? Big word right! That just means that they mature on the tree and ripen once they are off the tree. I know that doesn’t relate to avocado chocolate pudding but I think it’s a pretty cool fact to know.
I truly believe avocados are magical, so before you make this avocado chocolate pudding, here are a few more of my favorite avocado recipes for when you are done.
- Avocado Stuffed Burger
- Spicy Avocado Hummus
- Bacon Herb Biscuits (These don’t have avocados, but I like to eat them together)
Leave me a comment with your favorite way to enjoy avocados!
- Cut your avocados in half, throw the seed out, and scrape the avocado into a mixing bowl.
- Add your cocoa powder, honey, cinnamon, sea salt, and cloves and mix and mash well with a fork or potato masher
- Now get out a parfait dish, ramekin, bowl, plate or whatever you are going to use. Or just save dishes and add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and eat it straight from there :)
- Slice your banana up and start making layers of banana, then blueberries, then avocado pudding. Top with your sliced almonds and serve.
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.