So I made a mistake. I forgot to post a recipe on Sunday and it wasn’t on purpose. I was just spending an excessive amount of time away from the computer eating delicious food and making great memories with some friends. It really felt great to unplug a bit and I plan on doing it more. I will just plan better so you can have the normal deliciousness delivered anyways. Anyways it was a great time with lots of great friends and now it’s back to the gym and eating clean for a while. Why, because I ate a few too many “paleo” treats and am in a sugar coma. Like what you ask, how about the ridiculously amazing Vanessa from Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind hand delivered her Paleo “Reese’s” Cheesecake with Fauxreo Crust and it was STUPID!!! And by stupid, I mean the most delicious thing I have ever ingested, which is why I had about half of it. Vanessa = Evil Genius you should go check out.
Either way, I get asked all the time about what people can make or eat for breakfast besides eggs that they can grab and go. That honestly sounds like a tall order now that I have read over it but have no fear. I normally tell people to make my banana bread and freeze it, make it into pancakes and freeze them or even make waffles out of them to grab, toast and go. I normally don’t eat breakfast, but when I do it is bulletproof coffee and now I have something to dip in it. These cookies are simple and easy to make in advance. Throw some almond butter between them and make a sandwich but don’t be mad at me when you get addicted. I won’t keep you anymore, go get your bake on and enjoy.
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit (177 Celsius)
- Add your dates to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped
- Add your bananas, almond butter, egg, and lemon extract and process until you have a smooth batter with minimal chunks
- Add your nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and crushed pecans and mix one final time ensuring an even distribution of ingredients
- Use a medium cookie scoop and scoop the batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet leaving room for them to spread
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom
- Remove from the oven and let cool
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****