Here is a base for whatever flavored mayonnaise you decide to create. Super simple just be patient, if you add too much oil too quick, you will break the emlusion and never get it back. Enjoy
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup oil (macadamia oil works best)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place egg yolks, mustard powder, and lemon juice in blender or food processor and start running on low.
- Once mixed slowly start dripping your oil in
- I drip 1 tbsp of oil at a time and let it mix for at least a minute
- As you continue to add your oil, it will emulsify but continue to add slowly so you don't break it
- Once your mayonnaise is done, then you can hand mix in any herbs or spices you need like cumin, rosemary, thyme or anything you can come up with
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.