Baked eggs inside tomatoes, so simple yet amazing. I have seen many variations of this recipe floating around all over the Internet and just got some delicious tomatoes so I had to give it a try. Talk about simple, the easiest way to do this, pick whatever your favorite omelet ingredients are and toss them in the tomato with the eggs and bake away. The combinations are endless and only limited by your imagination. Hope you enjoy.
- Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees F
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes off
- Using a paring knife or spoon or fork, clean out the entire inside of the tomato, you want to pretty much have a tomato ramekin
- Evenly spread your diced bacon throughout the tomatoes
- Scramble your 4 eggs in a bowl or you can just individually crack a whole egg in each one if you would like it poached. If you scrambled them, evenly divide the eggs between the tomatoes
- Divide the 1 tbsp of ghee evenly on top of the four tomatoes with the egg in it
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste
- Place the tomatoes in a pyrex baking dish and bake for 40-50 minutes or until your eggs are fully cooked through
- Place on a plate, garnish with some arugula and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.