So what a week it was. Sometimes I wish I was a caveman, just so I wouldn’t have to worry about paying for car repairs when they are completely unnecessary. By unnecessary I mean for my power steering rack and pinion system to break on a car with 70,000 miles and cost me $1500 to fix. I legitimately cried and could not stop the emotional down turn. I just had all these extravagant gift ideas for friends and families and even though I know gifts don’t matter, it hurts my heart to not be able to do what I wanted. Sorry, I am done whining now it was just frustrating and I had to share with someone, so I figured why not all of you. The good news is my brother came and spent the weekend with me and I had a blast. I even did a improtu photo shoot with him and it was awesome, you can see the pictures HERE. I took some much needed time to do some family bonding and relax as well as get him to eat some paleo food. So for that, you can thank him for this recipe, since I did make it for him. Oh and I almost forgot that Tropical Traditions is having Free Shipping until Dec 10th at midnight. Follow this LINK and use the code 112121 at checkout.
I wasn’t planning on posting this recipe until tomorrow but I felt the
urge (demands on Facebook) to type it right now so please forgive the extra amount of spaz in this post. I know I am all over the place haha. Well I am aware that this recipe is not the most original thing in the world, and it takes some prep work in making my banana bread, but I GUARANTEE you that it will be worth every single bite. I baked two loaves of my bread just so I could have one on hand in the refrigerator for a few days to whip this recipe up. Between this and my Paleo Pancakes, my breakfasts are set for the rest of my life.
Do me a favor, let me know in the comments how you like this and if you made any variations. I would love to try out for myself what you all recommend. If it is delicious I will add it into the recipe for others to try.
- 1 loaf of Paleo Banana Bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- oil of your choice for your pan, I used bacon grease
- 1/4 cup almond milk (optional) or you can use coconut milk
- The first step to this is to make whatever variation of my Paleo Banana Bread that you desire. This can be done the night before and refrigerated to have french toast throughout the week
- Slice your bread into 1/2 inch thick slices and set aside
- Preheat a skillet to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- In a mixing bowl, beat your eggs, cinnamon, sea salt, and almond or coconut milk if you are using it until well scrambled
- Once your skillet is preheated, grease with the oil of your choice
- Carefully dredge your slices of banana bread in your egg mixture covering on all sides and place in your skillet
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip for another 3-4 minutes on the other side
- Remove from the pan and plate
- Serve with fresh fruit, some grass-fed butter, or pure maple syrup
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.