Gluten free pancakes, normally the name that scares people. I know I have gone into restaurants and stores to buy gluten free pancakes as well as the mix to make them at home and been severely disappointed. Most of them miss the mark, which is why I set out to nail it and make it easy to have delicious pancakes at home every day you want them. Heck, you can even have them for any meal you want. Breakfast, yep. Lunch, of course. Dinner, why not? Does anyone else love breakfast for dinner as much as I do?
Gluten Free Pancakes
I spent a lot of time talking to people about having healthy relationships with food and making empowering decisions that support their health. I only share because I struggled with bulimia for 12 years and have learned many valuable lessons.
The reason I love these gluten free pancakes is because I am at a point in my life where I no longer need to restrict my food or punish myself for food. I call a lot of meals my forgiveness meals to ensure I am eating them with the right mindset. These pancakes are delicious and can totally be enjoyed within a paleo or gluten free lifestyle.
I spend a lot of time traveling the world and speaking to people about mindset and food. Every time I get on stage, on a podcast or even sometimes in conversations I always share one of my best quotes:
You may be wondering why I am talking about all of this while posting about gluten free pancakes. The answer is simple, we eat three times a day and it is perfect practice to continue to develop a positive mindset around food. My intention is that you make these delicious pancakes, slather them with some butter and maple syrup and smile.
Heck, I would like it even more if you tweeted me while you were eating so I can high five you for making healthy choices.
When you are done with these, I posted a few more of my favorite pancake recipes below so you have plenty of options. This recipe is from my book The Paleo Kitchen (page 95) and is alongside over 100 other recipes. If you have the book, thank you. If you would like it, you can grab your copy here.
Paleo Pancake Recipes
- Paleo Pancakes with Almond Butter & Blackberry Sauce
- Coconut Pancakes with Raspberry Reduction
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Perfect Paleo Pancakes
What is your favorite flavor of Pancakes? Leave me a comment below and I will see if I can create a new recipe with that flavor?
I hope you love these gluten free pancakes and get creative in the kitchen. I even heard someone use these as the buns for an ice cream sandwich. I may need to try that.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) + 3 tablespoons almond or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (60 grams) coconut flour
- ½ cup (65 grams) tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing the skillet
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) fresh blueberries or chocolate chips
- Coconut Butter, for serving
- Maple syrup, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
- To the eggs add the almond milk, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla and whisk until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour and tapioca flour, then add to the wet ingredients 1/4 cup (60 grams) at a time, while continuously whisking.
- Then mix in the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Grease a large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, use a ladle to pour 3-inch (7.5-cm) pancakes in the skillet.
- Once holes begin to appear in the surface of a pancake, drop a small handful of chocolate chips onto it and flip it. The pancake should cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat with rest of the batter.
- Top with coconut butter and enjoy!